Respected Contributor

Re: Luminara Tealight Test Results

@Mominohio wrote:

So it seems they are increasing the battery life on them, but people who aren't paying close attention may be expecting more from the older ones (like in the pumpkins/clear ornaments) not knowing the difference.

These are going to be great little lights when they get the battery life up to 250 hours or more. I bet they can do it, but it is all about what it will cost.

That is my thought also. I wonder why it's so difficult to get a long lasting timer function on these tealights. I  did have one tealight that I let burn continuously until it went out and it burned past the 100 hr mark. It seems to be the timer that is the problem.

I am thinking that I may not set the timers when I decorate - just walk around the house and use the remote to turn them on and off. Not too difficult.

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

The little pumpkin tea light items are so cute! Every time they present the little pumpkins, I am so tempted to buy! 

But there is so much negative feedback on the life of the lights/batteries.  Finally talked myself out of buying ....

These lights keep getting presented over and over... I wonder just how many were produced???

@corita

The same scenario kept going through my mind...The tealights and pumpkins are so cute, and they lowered the price but I kept thinking about the bad reviews and the cost of that type of battery.....

And also the ton of the presentations means they cant get rid of them....I would like to know what the return rate is.  I hope Luminara is taking note and improves their product in the future

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@froggy wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

So it seems they are increasing the battery life on them, but people who aren't paying close attention may be expecting more from the older ones (like in the pumpkins/clear ornaments) not knowing the difference.

These are going to be great little lights when they get the battery life up to 250 hours or more. I bet they can do it, but it is all about what it will cost.

That is my thought also. I wonder why it's so difficult to get a long lasting timer function on these tealights. I  did have one tealight that I let burn continuously until it went out and it burned past the 100 hr mark. It seems to be the timer that is the problem.

I am thinking that I may not set the timers when I decorate - just walk around the house and use the remote to turn them on and off. Not too difficult.

@froggy @Mominohio

You wonder if Luminara is just being greedy.  

Candle Impressions does a wonderful job.  I bought a set of Candle Impressions tealights at Bed, Bath,& Beyond, they have the burned wick instead of flickering flame, but  in a Jack O Lantern, or a mercury glass votive or hurricane or other items they look just fine! Good battery life, and good quality.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@froggy @Mominohio

You wonder if Luminara is just being greedy.  

Candle Impressions does a wonderful job.  I bought a set of Candle Impressions tealights at Bed, Bath,& Beyond, they have the burned wick instead of flickering flame, but  in a Jack O Lantern, or a mercury glass votive or hurricane or other items they look just fine! Good battery life, and good quality.

@Spurt

I bought a set of the CI tea lights too, from here. Just haven't gotten them out yet, as I don't have the things out I will use them in. I know the battery life will be much better for those. 

Esteemed Contributor

@froggy, I appreciate this information.  While not very encouraging results compared to the stated battery life, this is still much better than previous versions.  I wish they could do a much better job on battery life and consistency with their tealights.