Super Contributor

Re: Luminara TSV

[ Edited ]

I had no interest in them when I first saw them....Then I watched at midnight *sigh* Two set in red are on the way and I did the auto delivery on both sets for the pumpkins. The possibilities with these things are endless and I love them.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

the champagne color is gorgeous but no, I am not buying them. I love my luminaras but those seem real expensive and, honestly, the glass bulbs are pretty boring.

@HappyDaze I thought the same thing about the globes at first, too, but the more I see them, the more I like them.  The reflection of the flame on the glass produces a very elegant look to me.  I've wanted candles on my tree for years, and I think this is a good solution to display them.

@TenderMercies  What color would you choose?

@mousiegirl Sorry, I fell asleep!  Between going to bed late and having to work from 6-11 this morning, my body gave out.  I like the Pearl, but I think that the Champagne looks the most complimentary with the color of the candle and the flame.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@TenderMercies, I'd like to know which copycats you are considering.  Will you tell brand or keyword?  I would like to check them out when I have time.

@SHOPR Try NONNO CGF flameless votives.

@TenderMercies  Since votives are bigger than tea lights, wouldn't they be too big for the ornaments?

@mousiegirl I've taken that into consideration.  The copycat votives are 1/16th of an inch wider than the TSV candles and 3/4 of an inch taller.  I don't think that I'll make such a big difference.  

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

thank you for the info on batteries. I actually had to replace a three c2450 batteries in my VPH mosaic eggs I bought this year.  (They were more than the item🙄) so thanks for the info about Amazon.

Also, I listened to the TSV presentation in full today - the vendor stated the TSV comes w 3 extra batteries for each. That is a nice extra!

Honored Contributor

Regarding battery life, I put Duracell in the Luminara lanterns I bought in January and have only used the remote, and hardly at all, and I just tested them and they are still lighting.  So in this case, leaving the lanterns in the on position and using the remote, has worked.

Maybe the size of batteries makea a difference, but as I mentioned before, as soon as I receive the TSV, I will test, both in the on using the remote, and using the timer.  

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Regarding battery life, I put Duracell in the Luminara lanterns I bought in January and have only used the remote, and hardly at all, and I just tested them and they are still lighting.  So in this case, leaving the lanterns in the on position and using the remote, has worked.

Maybe the size of batteries makea a difference, but as I mentioned before, as soon as I receive the TSV, I will test, both in the on using the remote, and using the timer.  

@mousiegirl, Perhaps it would be a good idea (so that we can all learn from it) to leave your lantern on for a good while, to see if it will continue to work.  I say that because sometimes I've had candles get weak and start blinking, so I turn them off.  Then a few days later, I'll turn them back on, and they'll flicker correctly again, but not for over a few hours, and they're back to blinking again.  It's kind of like a mini-recharge they get, but it doesn't last long.  Hope that makes sense to you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl, Perhaps it would be a good idea (so that we can all learn from it) to leave your lantern on for a good while, to see if it will continue to work.  I say that because sometimes I've had candles get weak and start blinking, so I turn them off.  Then a few days later, I'll turn them back on, and they'll flicker correctly again, but not for over a few hours, and they're back to blinking again.  It's kind of like a mini-recharge they get, but it doesn't last long.  Hope that makes sense to you.

@SHOPR  When my candles blink, I know it it time to replace batteries.  I must have great batteries, because so far, all of them, all brands of flameless, last at least four months, and usually over.  Also, Valerie's mosaic columns I also use only remote, and they are still going.  

I will post after my test.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a pair of their Hudson lanternss. On one the candle doesn't move which is irrating. And on timer both start going on and off erratically. Not real impressed by Luminara.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I "thought" I had no interest in the TSV, but at 10:59 p.m.central I ordered a set.

I think they will be fun to decorate with.  First thing I'm going to do is

try to put a set of blue fairy lights in one of them.  Not sure if the battery pack will 

fit inside, but if it does I will add one of two of my miniature Dallas Cowboy player

ornaments with some type of greenery for the football field.  Will display it in my

gal cave room.

Pay me no mind. I admit I'm a footall fanatic and I just go with it. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

I have a pair of their Hudson lanternss. On one the candle doesn't move which is irrating. And on timer both start going on and off erratically. Not real impressed y Luminara.

@traveler  Did you try new batteries in the lanterns?  Usually, when blinking/on/off occurs, the batteries are done and need replacing.