Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

I am looking forward to the reviews on this. I am passing but like the idea you can fill them with other things year round. Love the seashells and sand with the candle. 

@BabyYoda

I bought 2 sets and 1 set is for that purpose!

I already have a ton of seashells, starfish, seahorses, etc. to use in them.

I also liked the idea of putting in a photo of a lost loved one (human or pet) with the candle, as a memorial that would stay up all year, and may do that with one set.

@KingstonsMom A memorial is a great idea as well. Have fun with all your ideas. 

Valued Contributor
I just ordered a set in red! I couldn't decide between red or the icy blue but I'm going to do the red because I'm thinking about using them for both Fall and Christmas. Since Fall colors consist of red, orange, gold and brown, I'm thinking of switching out the wreaths with little pumpkins or orange/gold filler (you know the kind of filler you use for gift bags you can get at a card store) while still keeping the red bows on them. I'll add them alongside my Chocolate Luminara candles that were a TSV last year and my red Luminara candles. Then come Christmas, I'll put the wreaths back in and use them on my tree.
Regular Contributor

I want the pumpkins too ~ but not the TSV.  

Honored Contributor

With using the remote, and not lighting the candles every day, I think I could get through the Christmas season without changing batteries, but I know this wouldn't work for many. I will try a few on the tree once it is set up, and decide then..  I do know that once they are on the tree, no way would I be changing batteries, it would be way too difficult.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

With using the remote, and not lighting the candles every day, I think I could get through the Christmas season without changing batteries, but I know this wouldn't work for many. I will try a few on the tree once it is set up, and decide then..  I do know that once they are on the tree, no way would I be changing batteries, it would be way too difficult.

@mousiegirl, I agree with you regarding the remote.  My work schedule varies & there could be many times I wouldn't turn them on since I am not home.  DH could care less, lol so he wouldn't turn them on as well.  I ordered the red on AD.  I guess we will see.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Luminara TSV

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop

@mousiegirl

And anyone wanting to extend battery life by using only the remote and not the timer:

These MAY drain the batteries in the on position at the same rate as they would using the timer.  This happens with the bigger Luminaras.  I think it was @J9 who posted about it.  Sorry if I have the wrong person.

To use the remote, the switch has to stay in the on position.  

I would be sure to test them.  HTH.

Honored Contributor

Re: Luminara TSV

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@BornToShop

@mousiegirl

And anyone wanting to extend battery life by using only the remote and not the timer:

@These MAY drain the batteries in the on position at the same rate as they would using the timer.  This happens with the bigger Luminaras.  I think it was @J9 who posted about it.  Sorry if I have the wrong person.

@SHOPR  Thank you for the tip.  It certainly is becoming complicated, may return them if I can't figure out something doable.  I don't know why these batteries don't last long, I use this type of battery in many candles and get months and months of life out of them, on timers.  I will test one as soon as I receive it, and let everyone know how many hours.  

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@BornToShop

@mousiegirl

@These MAY drain the batteries in the on position at the same rate as they would using the timer.  This happens with the bigger Luminaras.  I think it was @J9 who posted about it.  Sorry if I have the wrong person.

@SHOPR I remember this being discussed not too long ago.  It was discussed how regardless of how long you actually turn on the candles with the remote, they will still be drained as if you are using them in the timer position when you use them with the remote in the ON position.

Respected Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@BornToShop

@mousiegirl

@SHOPR I remember this being discussed not too long ago.  It was discussed how regardless of how long you actually turn on the candles with the remote, they will still be drained as if you are using them in the timer position when you use them with the remote in the ON position.

True I found this out the hard way with my Luminara candles using the remote. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BabyYoda

I'm glad you confirmed what I remembered reading.  

@TenderMercies

Yes.  I think it was even said that if they were not being used AT ALL, the batteries would still drain in about the same length of time as they would using the daily timer, when switch is on.