Super Contributor

Re: Luminara TSV for CIJ UPDATE LINK TO PICTURE

@crazycockermom wrote:
Umm...eww. So not what I was hoping for. Money saved. Guess I can get a bronze Heritage lantern or two after all.

Yeah, I am kinda relieved. I have a few other Luminara items I am  thinking about grabbing and waiting on the TSV was the deciding factor for me. These weekends can be expensive, next week we have the Skinn Anniversary shows.

Respected Contributor

This is a definite pass for me. I have plenty of tea light candles and this ornaments are nothing special. 

Super Contributor

These look like something you could get the supplies at the Dollar Tree or Hobbly Lobby and make for a fraction of the price.

Floral Pillow
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

One potential positive I see with these tealights is the absence of the twist to latch battery door.  I have the older version with the plastic tabs that twist inside to hold the battery door on, like a piggy bank.  Although I haven't broken any of mine, my mother broke one of hers the first time she had to change out the battery, and that was the end of that candle because the battery couldn't make tight enough contact anymore. 

The potential positive is assuming that the type of latch they used this time is durable and also usable.  Some can be too tough to unlatch, while others are so weak that they break in no time.  

Don't expect good battery life.  Do expect to constantly change the coin batteries, which is why I felt inclined to mention the battery door.  The batteries can be bought in bulk at eBay and Amazon.  

Wishing good luck to those who order these.  Since I already have the tealights, I will pass.

Respected Contributor

I received the advance TSV email for this item. I won't be buying this. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This TSV is a really easy no for me. I'm not even slightly interested.

Edited to add: and $60 for the set of 3? What on earth can they be thinking? They look like plastic.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

These would probably be gorgeous if evenly spaced all over a big tree.  But think of the price to do that and how easily they'd break. 

I really don't understand their decision to make this the TSV. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The set of Luminara ornaments doesn't impress me at all...at least it keeps the spending 'in check' ...LOL

They might look better in a presentation though. Some pics/images don't do a product any justice...

Two things to consider for those that might buy them. For me, it would be the cleaning/dusting of the interior of them. If they aren't easy to clean from yr to year, that would be annoying. Wiping down the outside...easy, the inside, not so much. I find clear plastic on decor becomes dull and dingy over time and develop a film.

Then there is the battery life like @SHOPR mentioned. Will the batteries last for an entire season? I see it being a pain for those who have large trees and replacing batteries on them after the tree is decorated. In the past, Luminara tea lights have a short battery life...maybe these have been upgraded. Just things to think about for those interested Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

The set of Luminara ornaments doesn't impress me at all...at least it keeps the spending 'in check' ...LOL

They might look better in a presentation though. Some pics/images don't do a product any justice...

Two things to consider for those that might buy them. For me, it would be the cleaning/dusting of the interior of them. If they aren't easy to clean from yr to year, that would be annoying. Wiping down the outside...easy, the inside, not so much.

Then there is the battery life like @SHOPR mentioned. Will the batteries last for an entire season? I see it being a pain for those who have large trees and replacing batteries on them after the tree is decorated. In the past, Luminara tea lights have a short battery life...maybe these have been upgraded. Just things to think about for those interested Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise  Also, don't forget that if a Luminara isn't perfectly level to the ground, it won't flicker, and if it's semi-level, it might flicker, but it will also click.  I don't want my tree clicking at me.  Regardless, I think these ornaments would have been a huge hit if the glass ornaments were colored crackle glass in the color of the candle ring inside of them.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time a few weeks ago and got to see the CIJ Pop Up Shop at the Studio. They had these on display and right away I gravitated to them. I made a note then that if the price wasn't insane I would be ordering them. I ordered 4 sets today. Thinking of getting more just for the value on the tea lights alone. And I could do so many other things with the globe.

The picture on the website does not do these justice. AT ALL. This is the photo I took that day of them so that I would remember to order them.

(ETA - the ones I saw, touched, felt, etc. were real glass. Not plastic. Tea lights and ring just sat in the globe. Completely removable. I do not plan to use them in the ornaments at all.)

IMG_2808.PNG