Regular Contributor

Re: Luminara TSV for CIJ UPDATE LINK TO PICTURE

@Mominohio Yeah, unfortunately I can't speak to any battery life but I can tell you they were on for at least 2 hours that I was there. Not that that really tells you anything.

I really think these are a great deal and they are so much nicer in person. It was honestly the only thing that really caught my eye (and immediately) in the pop up.

Honored Contributor

Janine Graff posted on FB that the battery life is 60 hours on these candles. 

That might get you about two weeks if you use a five or six hour lighting.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio, Thanks.  I didn't know that anyone had said what the battery life would be like.  That is right in line with what I remember getting with my tealights.  I remember that once I bought the bulk batteries (Amazon or eBay) the battery life varied quite a bit, from only 4 or so days up to two weeks. 

I say this in past tense because I haven't turned any of my tealights on in months now.  Because the battery life was so inconsistent with the bulk batteries, and because I would change them out at different times, I was constantly having to remember to notice which ones went out again so that I could either remove or replace the batteries.  I didn't want any corrosion to occur due to my forgetting to replace or remove them.  It can be quite a pain. 

But, truthfully, they do glow beautifully for such a small candle. 

Esteemed Contributor

@J9, OMG I will be looking for you in the promo.  I never tune in but I may do so for while, just to see you.  How fun.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@J9 wrote:

I actually never use my Luminaras on a timer. I find it drains the battery no matter what. I just put them on when I want them! My plan is to put them on my fireplace actually. (If I remember correctly, the bottoms are flat but don't quote me on that)

@J9  A few years ago, I found a set of six votive holders in little wreaths, really pretty, so that Christmas I put the luminara red votives in them and placed them among the garlands on my mantle, looked wonderful.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I wish the tea light wreaths had clips on them so they could be used in many other settings, or still on a tree.

Honored Contributor

gJanine Graff QVC Hi Maria, Each ornament runs on one battery at a time. We give you 3 per ornament. Each runs for 60 hrs. With the 5 hr timer you get 36 days per ornament using all three. The batteries are CR2450 and extras can be purchased online or at stores for around $1.67 or in packs at Amazon.

Here (posted above from FB) is some more information provided on Janine's FB page about the batteries and battery life for the upcoming TSV.

So they are providing three batteries per candle (9 total in the shipment), and you will only get 36 days on that supply of batteries. 

I wish they would get better battery life. I think I'm out on this one.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio, Evidently there has been no battery life improvement in this latest tealight.  It may not be possible to improve them. 

I think we'll see plenty of them as-is after January 31st. 

Respected Contributor

Tea lights are a pain to switch out the batteries in. I bought a huge amount of replacement batteries last year. They just don't last past 10 days. I put them in my little scenes I make every Christmas. I have the votive Luminara candles that get a better battery life but they use AA batteries. 

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio, I was thinking about these for my staff gifts; but I would be embarrassed if the batteries had such a short life.  I will see the presentation, maybe order anyway & do a test drive on the battery life.  Since the holiday return would give me plenty of time to return if they don't measure up.  I guess we'll see Sunday!