Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,627
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Luminara TSV for CIJ UPDATE LINK TO PICTURE


@J9 wrote:

I was lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time a few weeks ago and got to see the CIJ Pop Up Shop at the Studio. They had these on display and right away I gravitated to them. I made a note then that if the price wasn't insane I would be ordering them. I ordered 4 sets today. Thinking of getting more just for the value on the tea lights alone. And I could do so many other things with the globe.

 

 

 

The picture on the website does not do these justice. AT ALL. This is the photo I took that day of them so that I would remember to order them.

 

 

(ETA - the ones I saw, touched, felt, etc. were real glass. Not plastic. Tea lights and ring just sat in the globe. Completely removable. I do not plan to use them in the ornaments at all.)

 

 

 

IMG_2808.PNG

 


 

@J9  Thanks for sharing the image... Smiley Happy

Were you able to see if the berries/candle ring was removable so as to be able to clean the inside from time to time? 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 161
Registered: ‎07-21-2015

Re: Luminara TSV for CIJ UPDATE LINK TO PICTURE

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

@J9 wrote:

I was lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time a few weeks ago and got to see the CIJ Pop Up Shop at the Studio. They had these on display and right away I gravitated to them. I made a note then that if the price wasn't insane I would be ordering them. I ordered 4 sets today. Thinking of getting more just for the value on the tea lights alone. And I could do so many other things with the globe.

 

 

 

The picture on the website does not do these justice. AT ALL. This is the photo I took that day of them so that I would remember to order them.

 

 

(ETA - the ones I saw, touched, felt, etc. were real glass. Not plastic. Tea lights and ring just sat in the globe. Completely removable. I do not plan to use them in the ornaments at all.)

 

 

 

IMG_2808.PNG

 


 

@J9  Thanks for sharing the image... Smiley Happy

Were you able to see if the berries/candle ring was removable so as to be able to clean the inside from time to time? 


@Susan Louise Completely removable! I took it apart myself! I decided then I was getting it. 4 of the tea lights on the rechargable base are like $80. This is a great deal

 

(Also ETA - I was the nerd in the black hat on some of the CIJ promo videos that, when asked how i liked to decorate, said "cardinals and candles and things like that." They interviewed me for like 10 minutes. God knows what else might air. I'm scared.)

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,442
Registered: ‎04-17-2013

Re: Luminara TSV for CIJ UPDATE LINK TO PICTURE

@Susan Louise, They are supposed to be made of handblown glass, but I have found the cloudy dirty appearance can happen on glass as well as plastic.  The VPH scene under glass cloche is a perfect example.  Mine sits in my closet right now, so foggy that I can hardly tell what's inside the glass. 

 

@TenderMercies, LOL at your comment about your tree clicking at you. Cat LOL  No doubt if you fill up a tree with these, you will be treated to a continuous symphony of click-click-click-click-click.  LOL  It would be impossible to keep each and every tealight level inside the glass, much less on a tree with flexible branches. 

 

The only thing they could've done differently that would have made me possibly want them would've been to offer a much lower price.  They come with 9 batteries and each one takes only one battery, according to the photo of the bottom, so I guess they're doing the extra batteries as a gesture of goodwill, to offset the annoyance people will experience when constantly changing the batteries. 

 

They should light up  a space nicely, though.  I can confirm that with my tealights.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,858
Registered: ‎06-03-2017

Re: Luminara TSV for CIJ UPDATE LINK TO PICTURE


@J9 wrote:

I was lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time a few weeks ago and got to see the CIJ Pop Up Shop at the Studio. They had these on display and right away I gravitated to them. I made a note then that if the price wasn't insane I would be ordering them. I ordered 4 sets today. Thinking of getting more just for the value on the tea lights alone. And I could do so many other things with the globe.

 

 

 

The picture on the website does not do these justice. AT ALL. This is the photo I took that day of them so that I would remember to order them.

 

 

(ETA - the ones I saw, touched, felt, etc. were real glass. Not plastic.)

 

 

 

IMG_2808.PNG

 


@J9  I would be sure to really tightly secure those glass ornaments to your branches, as you'll be digging into those globes every 7-10 days to fish out those tealights to change the batteries.  I have some rechargeable Luminara tealights that are the same size as these, and they only hold a 4 day charge using the 5 hour timer.  I've also used Pottery Barn tealights that use the same batteries and have a 5 hour timer, and they need to be changed every 10 days. FYI, you can get a builk of 100 CR2450 batteries on ebay for around $24. It's very worth the price.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,627
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Luminara TSV for CIJ UPDATE LINK TO PICTURE


@J9 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@J9 wrote:

I was lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time a few weeks ago and got to see the CIJ Pop Up Shop at the Studio. They had these on display and right away I gravitated to them. I made a note then that if the price wasn't insane I would be ordering them. I ordered 4 sets today. Thinking of getting more just for the value on the tea lights alone. And I could do so many other things with the globe.

 

 

 

The picture on the website does not do these justice. AT ALL. This is the photo I took that day of them so that I would remember to order them.

 

 

(ETA - the ones I saw, touched, felt, etc. were real glass. Not plastic. Tea lights and ring just sat in the globe. Completely removable. I do not plan to use them in the ornaments at all.)

 

 

 

IMG_2808.PNG

 


 

@J9  Thanks for sharing the image... Smiley Happy

Were you able to see if the berries/candle ring was removable so as to be able to clean the inside from time to time? 


@Susan Louise Completely removable! I took it apart myself! I decided then I was getting it. 4 of the tea lights on the rechargable base are like $80. This is a great deal


 

@J9  LOL We must have been posting at the same time...missed your edit of the added info...sorry!

 

So you will be using them with just the tealights in the globes...that would look stunning! Please post a pic when you have your tree decorated! Smiley Very Happy

Regular Contributor
Posts: 161
Registered: ‎07-21-2015

Re: Luminara TSV for CIJ UPDATE LINK TO PICTURE

[ Edited ]

I actually never use my Luminaras on a timer. I find it drains the battery no matter what. I just put them on when I want them! My plan is to put them on my fireplace actually. (If I remember correctly, the bottoms are flat but don't quote me on that)

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,627
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Luminara TSV for CIJ UPDATE LINK TO PICTURE


@SHOPR wrote:

@Susan Louise, They are supposed to be made of handblown glass, but I have found the cloudy dirty appearance can happen on glass as well as plastic.  The VPH scene under glass cloche is a perfect example.  Mine sits in my closet right now, so foggy that I can hardly tell what's inside the glass. 

 

@TenderMercies, LOL at your comment about your tree clicking at you. Cat LOL  No doubt if you fill up a tree with these, you will be treated to a continuous symphony of click-click-click-click-click.  LOL  It would be impossible to keep each and every tealight level inside the glass, much less on a tree with flexible branches. 

 

The only thing they could've done differently that would have made me possibly want them would've been to offer a much lower price.  They come with 9 batteries and each one takes only one battery, according to the photo of the bottom, so I guess they're doing the extra batteries as a gesture of goodwill, to offset the annoyance people will experience when constantly changing the batteries. 

 

They should light up  a space nicely, though.  I can confirm that with my tealights.


 

@SHOPR  Yes, exactly! I think I cleaned the VPH cloche with the carolers 2 or 3 times during the holiday season last year. I had it out from Thanksgiving week til the day after New Years Day. It wasn't too bothersome being just a single piece, but having to clean several on a tree...not for me. Our tree is also too small for ornaments that big. The branches couldn't hold the weight of them.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 161
Registered: ‎07-21-2015

Re: Luminara TSV for CIJ UPDATE LINK TO PICTURE

So here's my thought on the globes, I am actually going to spray paint them with sea glass spray paint and make other little scenes in them. Will take care of having to clean them because the spray paint is matte. I have so many ideas!!!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,646
Registered: ‎08-08-2010

Re: Luminara TSV for CIJ UPDATE LINK TO PICTURE


@J9 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@J9 wrote:

I was lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time a few weeks ago and got to see the CIJ Pop Up Shop at the Studio. They had these on display and right away I gravitated to them. I made a note then that if the price wasn't insane I would be ordering them. I ordered 4 sets today. Thinking of getting more just for the value on the tea lights alone. And I could do so many other things with the globe.

 

 

 

The picture on the website does not do these justice. AT ALL. This is the photo I took that day of them so that I would remember to order them.

 

 

(ETA - the ones I saw, touched, felt, etc. were real glass. Not plastic. Tea lights and ring just sat in the globe. Completely removable. I do not plan to use them in the ornaments at all.)

 

 

 

IMG_2808.PNG

 


 

@J9  Thanks for sharing the image... Smiley Happy

Were you able to see if the berries/candle ring was removable so as to be able to clean the inside from time to time? 


@Susan Louise Completely removable! I took it apart myself! I decided then I was getting it. 4 of the tea lights on the rechargable base are like $80. This is a great deal

 

(Also ETA - I was the nerd in the black hat on some of the CIJ promo videos that, when asked how i liked to decorate, said "cardinals and candles and things like that." They interviewed me for like 10 minutes. God knows what else might air. I'm scared.)


 

 

@J9

 

Now that is some valuable information, and something I hadn't considered, using the candles and the rings without the glass globe. Now, if the battery life is much improved, I may have to reconsider at least one set. If those can be places on a tray with the rings around them, they could also be dropped into a mason jar and a number of other things to be of more use than hung on a tree.

 

Thanks for sharing your experience on these, you have shed some new light for some of us to think about. And I can't wait to see the promos again, and see you on tv, you star!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,627
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Luminara TSV for CIJ UPDATE LINK TO PICTURE


@J9 wrote:

So here's my thought on the globes, I am actually going to spray paint them with sea glass spray paint and make other little scenes in them. Will take care of having to clean them because the spray paint is matte. I have so many ideas!!!


 

@J9  Wow! PLEASE post pics when you finish decorating!!! Smiley Very Happy