Honored Contributor

Re: Luminara Show Thursday.

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@Marsha2003, Any chance you could snap a pic of the orange Luminaras from BB&B that you just put out?  I'm curious to see their real life color.  Are yours the slimmer 3" width as I'm seeing currently on BB&B website?  The 4 inch tall ones are a good price.   I'm tempted and really, really shouldn't be asking this.  LOL.

@SHOPR Happy to help.  Mine are the standard Luminara diameter and interestingly, the plastic wick turned kind of yellow...I guess from the orange dye in the candles?  They still look okay when lit.  I took one out of the hurricane so you could see the color better.

IMG_1586.JPG

@Marsha2003  I think this is rather unique though because the color of the 'flame' looks better with the orange color than stark white.

@Marsha2003 I agree with @lucymo about the flame color and...

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha ...LOL...just can't help myself!  LOL

You enabler you...booo.gif

I just ordered 2 of the 6" with 20% off one of them with FREE S&H. Seriously though...thanks for posting the pic Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise You've been my enabler lots of times.  Glad I was able to return the favor...😁

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@Susan Louise You've been my enabler lots of times.  Glad I was able to return the favor...😁

@Marsha2003  LOL  Well, it certainly wasn't the 1st time...but you are evening up the score.

Remember that Finley Hill collection?  ...and oh yea...several different dinnerware collections come to mind  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise No, I don't remember any other times. 🤔 Finley Hill?  What's that?  😉Just kidding!!!  I think we all do a great job of sharing special products on this forum and I'm always thankful for it even if my wallet sometimes shrieks in protest.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@Susan Louise No, I don't remember any other times. 🤔 Finley Hill?  What's that?  😉Just kidding!!!  I think we all do a great job of sharing special products on this forum and I'm always thankful for it even if my wallet sometimes shrieks in protest.

@Marsha2003  Hysterical!  And I agree...I'm also thankful for all the help on this great forum full of wonderful folks Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I ordered it today but after reading this thread, I cancelled the order. I've never seen anything great regarding Hurricanes at my local stores but I'll take a closer look. I wish they wouldn't mess with the feedback on items.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio

And to your point, I found this hurricane at Pier 1....it was incorporated in a display with a candle and had a some glass leaves in it....I didn't want to break up their display and a sales associate found another one just plain hurricane for me....it was $10.  I put one of my luminara candles in it and put it in a wreath.  I have a missing box with a brown Luiminara that would also look nice with it.....if I had not used the wreath,I have a candle dish that was similar, and put the hurricane on top of it and used it as a base, and inserted some decor pieces in the hurricane around the candle like they did at the store:-----leaves, small pine cones, or small pumpkins.  And for Christmas I can use peppermint candies, or holly or mini ornaments and greenry to surround the candle.   Its very versatile, and cost be $10 plus tax !  I can find the decor pieces and picks at hobby lobby that wouldnt cost that much versus vs $68 plus shipping plus tax!!

20170902_190553 (1) (447x500).jpg

Here's a close up...........and its not thin glass either, nicely made.

Glass Hurricane Candle Holder

And if someone wanted something similar in shape to the QVC one...those were $17.88 to $19.88

Double Wall Glass Hurricane Candle Holders

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Mominohio

And to your point, I found this hurricane at Pier 1....it was incorporated in a display with a candle and had a some glass leaves in it....I didn't want to break up their display and a sales associate found another one just plain hurricane for me....it was $10.  I put one of my luminara candles in it and put it in a wreath.  I have a missing box with a brown Luiminara that would also look nice with it.....if I had not used the wreath,I have a candle dish that was similar, and put the hurricane on top of it and used it as a base, and inserted some decor pieces in the hurricane around the candle like they did at the store:-----leaves, small pine cones, or small pumpkins.  And for Christmas I can use peppermint candies, or holly or mini ornaments and greenry to surround the candle.   Its very versatile, and cost be $10 plus tax !  I can find the decor pieces and picks at hobby lobby that wouldnt cost that much versus vs $68 plus shipping plus tax!!

20170902_190553 (1) (447x500).jpg

Here's a close up...........and its not thin glass either, nicely made.

Glass Hurricane Candle Holder

And if someone wanted something similar in shape to the QVC one...those were $17.88 to $19.88

Double Wall Glass Hurricane Candle Holders

@Spurt I'm glad you enjoy your new hurricane, and I'm glad you got such a good deal.  However, the Hurricane you purchased is nowhere near the size and quality of the one that's being discussed here.  The glass on the QVC one is two and a half inches taller and literally almost twice the width.  Plus yours doesn't come with a base or the Luminara candle (which is $37 if sold separately on QVC).  This is really comparing apples and oranges.  Like I stated in my first post in this thread, if you go and look around (including at Pier 1), you will not find a glass hurricane with base with similar quality and size for less than $50.  There's no shame in driving a Hyundai, just don't try to convince people it's a Mercedes.  

Esteemed Contributor

thanks for the heads up, it is always nice to know what is coming but I agree that a 'fixed" candle isn't what I am interested in. I have some older version that were BL items and since I can't replace the candles, once the candle doesn't function correctly, well then they are useless

I guess one could remove the candle by unscrewing the bottom but well, I think I'll just pass.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you don't mind, How do you order online at BBB and use their coupon? I always thought you had to place the order inside the store to be able to use their coupons, or go back after receiving your order for a price adjustment.