Contributor

Love Christmas in any month!!

I love all the summer time Christmas shows!!  They make me happy because Christmas is my favorite time of the year.  This year over all I've thought the prices have been a little high.  I bought one item during the entire month of July.  I shop sales at Hobby Lobby as the holidays get closer, lower prices and no S&H. 

I've also been disappointed that a lot of holiday items won't be shipped until the middle of October. That leaves me only 2 weeks for display because I put Christmas things up inside right after Halloween. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Love Christmas in any month!!

Prices are high everywhere, it is just what is going on in the world.  Last year I didn't put up very many decorations due to the passing of my husband in the fall and the adoption of a kitty (also in the fall). the few things I did put up other than the tree are still up.  

My husband knew more than anyone my love of Christmas so he would be ok with that. I will get out a few more things this year and depending on the behaviour of Bexley, they just might also stay out.  

It is the only holiday I decorate for.  

My house, My rules.

I am looking forward to tomorrow's Christmas programming

Trusted Contributor

I love Christmas too. But I haven’t bought anything from the Q this year as far as holiday. I have so much fall that’s it getting out of control and I need intervention I think.
So I am trying to be more selective, I had rather see it in a store and be sure I want to store it etc afterwards. I do feel like I can get better deals at home goods or TJX.
But all that said I really love the Christmas shows and I look forward to watching Valerie and any other holiday shows. Can’t wait to see what’s new this weekend!
Trusted Contributor

@vmli wrote:

I love all the summer time Christmas shows!!  They make me happy because Christmas is my favorite time of the year.  This year over all I've thought the prices have been a little high.  I bought one item during the entire month of July.  I shop sales at Hobby Lobby as the holidays get closer, lower prices and no S&H. 

I've also been disappointed that a lot of holiday items won't be shipped until the middle of October. That leaves me only 2 weeks for display because I put Christmas things up inside right after Halloween. 

Can't we just enjoy each season for the special things that set that season apart. I hate Christmas in July and August. I want to enjoy summer when it is summer and enjoy Christmas in the winter.

Respected Contributor

I have to say I was disappointed that the Q started Christmas in June this year so haven't watched those shows. We've had high 90s all summer long and I just couldn't get into it. We've had rainy days for about a month now, still hot but overcast days, making me think of the change in weather. This morning, when I checked the shows, the first two items I came very close to ordering! I watched the Valerie show that was on late last night and the one item I seriously considered wasn't to be shipped until Nov 22nd! That's getting too close to Christmas to take the chance to order. Two Christmas items I ordered last October/November came either after Christmas or not at all. I'll probably buy something for Christmas between now and October but won't take the chance to order any later than that. Enjoy the Christmas shows! It's raining again here so I'll be checking in all during the day, but will be watching carefully when they'll ship...or when they think they'll ship.

Honored Contributor

I always loved Christmas!  The lights, the color, the excitement!

When I was a young teen, downtown always had the beautiful decorations on every light pole, stores always had beautiful store wondows.  Here we sometimes we had snow blowing in the air.

The Salvation Army's bell.  Even though I was in high school, I worked from the time I was 15.

I loved to extend a helping hand and put several dollars in.

The tiny bit I earned from Friday until 9 pm and Saturday from 10:00 until 5 pm bought all of my toiletries and clothes my grandmother didn't buy.  

I had beautiful "Villager" outfits as well as "Lady Bug".

Honored Contributor

I agree, I love to watch the Christmas programming any time. 

I also agree that prices are up, so much so that a lot of things just don't seem worth it to me when you add the shipping and tax. We couldn't even get a free ship day during one of the Christmas in July events, was kind of hoping they would do that.

And I agree about all this advanced order stuff. I know it is happening because of the state of retail/shipping/manufacturing delays brought on by Covid and other things, but one of the great things about CIJ was getting to have those things to see if they were going to work and continue to work well before the season. 

It's kind of hard to get excited about stuff that is several months out from being shipped, and it's frustrating to order several things that you want to coordinate and use together, just to realize that when the time comes, some of it never does arrive (happened to me on several things last year), and you are stuck with partial vignettes/gifts etc. and need to return or scramble to make something else work. 

Esteemed Contributor

@vmli  Sorry I'm late to your Christmas party! I love the Christmas shows too! In fact, I start mixing Christmas music into my playlist in late July. By October, I'm full on Christmas music. The prices are high, and the late ship dates are really a disincentive to buy. My granddaughter broke on of my DD's BL window candles in June. She won't get her new set until some time in September. I wish Hallmark would have more Christmas movies throughout the year too. Love the snow scenes!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  We had a Villager outlet in a nearby town. I was allowed to buy one or two items. I remember buying an Arran style sweater and plaid kilt type skirt with a large gold safety pin holding it together.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@ECBG  We had a Villager outlet in a nearby town. I was allowed to buy one or two items. I remember buying an Arran style sweater and plaid kilt type skirt with a large gold safety pin holding it together.

@PA Mom-mom 

I remember those kilts exactly!  Weren't they beautiful and the colors scrumptious!