Respected Contributor

I found my tub of decor. 😀

Esteemed Contributor

That happened to me in autumn @traveler I lost and never found some of my Autumn 🍂   I had to repurchase. 

Respected Contributor

Mine is not spring item related (yet) but I swear I bought this Jim Shore figurine last year and now I can't find it. Weird. Did I just "think" about buying it but never did? HA! No....I swear I had it last year. Boo!

Jim Shore WICKED RIDE  Witch on Cart Cat  Pumpkin - Mint In Box W/ Tag Halloween

Trusted Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I have bins for specific holidays....I allow myself 2 for spring/Easter. If what I want is not in the bins, I never owned it or I got rid of it.

@Mom2Dogs  love the cardinal image on your profile it means a lot in my life! love those birds <3

Anyway, you have IMO a heck of a lot of self control I have a full area FULL of decor in labeled bins I organized it and now think..wow it is just me and hubby and must really at my age rethink so much. Hoarding is what it is :/  attached to these nice things.

I gave away thousands of $ worth of things in my home to the DAP a thrift shop near my home proceeds go help abused women get on their feet and much more - and gave it to people I knew called them up set up a whole room and said take it! people who would love it who have hardly anything I still have loads...those decor and clothes.

It can be tough for some of us but a goal in my life now to work on this.

QVC has not helped! lol

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Mine is not spring item related (yet) but I swear I bought this Jim Shore figurine last year and now I can't find it. Weird. Did I just "think" about buying it but never did? HA! No....I swear I had it last year. Boo!

Jim Shore WICKED RIDE  Witch on Cart Cat  Pumpkin - Mint In Box W/ Tag Halloween

@pupwhipped 

Oh, I LOVE this!!!

WANT!!!!

If you ever get sick of her I will adopt her & give her a VERY good home - I promise! LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper, I would let you borrow it and all but I still haven't found the darn thing!!! This is sooooo weird. It makes you have strange thoughts like somebody broke in and stole one item from your entire home. Ha! I swear I bought it in 2017 (although don't remember "where" I bought it) and put it out for Halloween. Now it is MIA! Weird, I tell ya. 

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I found my red cardinal wax birds 2 weeks after Christmas. Just had to laugh at myself.

@SunValley 

I hear ya! I'm glad you found your cardinals. Cardinals are perfect all-winter birds right?!

I just found a small bag of Valentine's Day items. Now, at least I know where the Valentine's Day bin is so I can put these things away together & actually be able to use them next year.

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@ChiliPepper, I would let you borrow it and all but I still haven't found the darn thing!!! This is sooooo weird. It makes you have strange thoughts like somebody broke in and stole one item from your entire home. Ha! I swear I bought it in 2017 (although don't remember "where" I bought it) and put it out for Halloween. Now it is MIA! Weird, I tell ya. 

@pupwhipped 

Very weird! Sounds like a lot of us (myself included) do the same thing.

Ok, as long as we are fessing up, I went to get a bag of cat food from the cellar this morning & found a small bag of St. Patrick's Day items with the cat food!

Why with the cat food???? I don't know but at least I found it BEFORE the holiday this time LOL!

Honored Contributor

Oh my @mimi5775 ..it does sound like you have a lot of nice decor things....but you did donate to a very worthy cause.

I am not sure where my self control came from but I just don't like much excess...carries over to lots of other things in my life.  For some crazy reason and I do not know why (maybe because I have no children) I do not want other people going thru my stuff when I am gone!!  I am only 64...this year...so I am not planning on going any where soon, unless I am hit by a bus.  Enjoy what you have.

Trusted Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  many have said what you did about stuff left behind when they are no longer here and they are stuck with it. I feel my stuff will make some people super thrilled lol! But that's subjective.

Too much decor for all 4 seasons I have and love so much of it but do know I will be thinning things out in time it's maybe too hard right now. I t's just me and my husband so I have to remind myself this.

But the bunnies have gotta be had!

I wish sometimes I lived in S. FL where I wouldn't have to have all this stuff just throw stuff on a Palm tree

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky