Trusted Contributor

Looking forward to seeing photos of your holiday decorated homes

Just saying. Woman Happy I enjoy looking at all the pretty decorations.   Christmas is only five weeks or so away! Time goes by so quickly..

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking forward to seeing photos of your holiday decorated homes

@newjersey   Me too, since I no longer decorate, I celebrate vicariously through the decorations of others.  BRING THEM ON!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Just had a discussion with DH last evening about decorating for Christmas. He said skip the big tree and just do the fun tree. The fun tree being his Star Trek tree and assorted guitars that play music.  We are not having any company, so that little brat perched on my shoulder is whispering "make it easy on yourself "!  I haven't decided yet... we typically decorate day after TG, so I have a few days to make up my mind.  

Honored Contributor

We decorate but I don't know how to post pictures. I really enjoy what other posters put out here. I see the WH Christmas tour takes place December 12 on HGTV. That's one show I love watching. Even if something isn't my style, I'm always in awe of what the volunteers do.

Honored Contributor

Hopefully, I'll have everything up and done by Thursday and I'll post pictures when it's done. I'm starting today with the tree which typically takes a couple of days to get up and decorated.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A pre-noon progress report. The furniture shuffling has taken place, the crumpled mylar has been hung and the rotating stand and tree are up. Here are the early photos of progress starting with the crumpled mylar that hangs behind the tree.

IMG_20211122_114048919_HDR modified.jpg

And the tree and rotating stand. (Not fussed with at all just yet, but up and lit.)

IMG_20211122_114814387 modified tree.jpg

You can get some feel for the effect the lights have on the mylar in the second photo. It reminds me of the old disco light boxes from the seventies as the tree rotates and the lights shift.

Now I'm breaking for some lunch then I'll fuss with the tree a bit and add the glass beads. Maybe even hang a few ornaments but I'm planning to be done by 3:00 to watch the curling on ESPN 3. I'll finish decorating the tree tomorrow.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman bet you get some great special effects with the lights bouncing off the shimmery background.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@gardenman bet you get some great special effects with the lights bouncing off the shimmery background.

I like the look, especially at night. The backdrop are cheap gold mylar heat blankets that I crumple up a lot and all those crumpled areas create reflections and give an interesting (to me anyway) effect. The old Gaudios store in Woodbury NJ had their display trees in a mirrored room which was amazing. I've tried putting mirrors behind the tree, but the effect wasn't great. The crumpled mylar works pretty well though. A Target store I was in had the holographic paper under their display trees one year and that looked good also.

I'm down to justt one more Sterilite tote of ornaments to put on the tree, then the candy canes, and I'll be done.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman that's awesome! Loving the mylar.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

And the tree is up and done! Since it's on a rotating stand you get a picture of it facing each way.

IMG_20211123_113037435 modified.jpg

IMG_20211123_113113831modified.jpg

And a shot of my tree decorating assistant hard at work. She was so tired after helping that she had to climb on my bed for a nap.

IMG_20211123_090008571 modified lizzie.jpg

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!