Esteemed Contributor

Looking For Outdoor Planter for BL Stake Tree

I bought 2 "as is" 34" lighted stake trees. Now I need weather proof planters for them. We usually take in our clay pots for the winter, so I am looking for reasonably priced outdoor pots for these trees. Any ideas?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Looking For Outdoor Planter for BL Stake Tree

I would find cheap plastic planters or buckets and either spray paint the planter or cover it in foil. 

You can fill it with sand or bricks-Which ever you have on hand and wrap a big bow around the top- line the rim with the ribbon and put the bow smack dab in the middle of the planter facing whichever way is front. 

I've done this with sprayed branches and fairy lights as well as trees. 

I'm sure it will look great!

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

I bought 2 "as is" 34" lighted stake trees. Now I need weather proof planters for them. We usually take in our clay pots for the winter, so I am looking for reasonably priced outdoor pots for these trees. Any ideas?

Esteemed Contributor

I have a couple of BL trees (about 3 feet tall), and I put them in black plastic pots I got from Target.  If you hurry, you may find a good price on pots at some of the stores as they clear out garden centers to make room for seasonal items.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jtdmum Great ideas! I did think about the paint, but I never thought about the bows! Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan Thanks for the info!

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@wildcat fan Thanks for the info!

You're welcome 😊

I've had my little BL trees for about 11 years.  They looked great last year--just as good as when I purchased them as a TSV.  At first, I put them on each side of the fireplace, but the last few years I've put them next to the front door.  I hope you enjoy yours as I have mine. 🌲

I have a question regarding this tree, is it really 34 inches it looks much smaller on TV.   Thanks