Esteemed Contributor

Our family has been hiding a pickle ornament on the tree for 35 years.

Old World Christmas Pickle Glass Blown Ornament

If you aren't familiar with the tradition, the pickle goes on the tree the night before Christmas morning. The person who finds it on Christmas morning, gets a special present. Well, I'm tapped out. The present should be no more than $30.00. Gift cards are frowned upon. I've given candy, holiday blankets, presidential chia pets, The Flippy Tablet Pillow, snow globes, special ornaments. You name it. I'm so out of ideas, I'm thinking about giving a case of printer paper. The problem is trying to please anyone from the age of 6 years to 40 years. Any ideas?

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking For A Pickle Gift

Gift basket of.....

fruit

soaps

lotions

popcorn variety

chocolates

Just a few examples

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

That is a wide range to cope with.

Maybe a mug specially printed with Pickle Prize 2020?

Esteemed Contributor

@Still Raining 

@Still Raining wrote:

That is a wide range to cope with.

Maybe a mug specially printed with Pickle Prize 2020?

That is a contender! Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac  I like the popcorn suggestion. Works for everyone!

Respected Contributor

A big book of kid jokes or a funny desk calendar. All ages like a good laugh and clean jokes work even if they're corny. 

Contributor

A Child, also know as baby Yoda. Some are really kewl.

Respected Contributor

One other thought - Put the pickle where a certain age would/wouldn't be likely to find it. For example, buy an easy puzzle and put the pickle lower on the tree or higher for a more difficult puzzle. This helps with the age-range issue a bit. //wink//

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

One other thought - Put the pickle where a certain age would/wouldn't be likely to find it. For example, buy an easy puzzle and put the pickle lower on the tree or higher for a more difficult puzzle. This helps with the age-range issue a bit. //wink//

@ThinkingOutLoud  You would think, right? In all these years, there is no predicting who will find it. I have tried to skew it toward certain people, only to have a completely demographic find it. We are talking about a VERY competitive group.

Honored Contributor

A bag of quarters, a stack of new $5 bills, a inexpensive wallet, box or bag stuffed with money or a piggy bank with money.

Nothing to keep, find a place for, display, "throw" or such.  Cash!  It's the gift that never offends and one size fits all.