Honored Contributor

Lock and Lock Christmas bags and bowls free ship

Didn't see all of In the Kitchen, but was checking the items on air and the annual Lock and Lock gift bags with bowls are in and selling fast.

They are new art work set of five under $20 and six easy pays and free shipping end at midnight tonight!

I missed these last year, and was so glad to see the free shipping, I ordered three sets.

Heads up as David said the free ship and  easy pays ends tonight. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Lock and Lock Christmas bags and bowls free ship

I ordered six sets of these the last year they were on.

Was it last year? I thought it was year before. Anyway...I still have one set still unopened. But I ordered two sets today. I love these things.

I can always use the bowls if not going to be part of a gift and the bags make great gift bags that the recipients actually use over and over.

We made two sets for the women at the women’s shelter and filled the bowls will treats and then added beauty products, soaps, etc. and other feminine products and tied a cozy throw across the top.

Another two we filled with things for the kids of the women at the shelter. Coloring books, crayons, treats, little games and a small stuffie. We asked what the age range was first.

The last set that got used was one we gave as gifts for the guys that live with our disabled son at his group home. They all got a $25.00 movie gift card (they go to the dollar theater here a couple times a month).A pair of fuzzy socks, some treats and a throw as well. There are only four guys there (my son included)so There was one (or was it two) left. I think the last set had 6? 

All were well received. I still have the one set and now more on the way.

Trusted Contributor

This is a fantastic deal. I'm replacing some other L&L bowls, and using the bags for gifts. They are strong and perfect for Philosophy.

Honored Contributor

@BirdieGal wrote:

I ordered six sets of these the last year they were on.

Was it last year? I thought it was year before. Anyway...I still have one set still unopened. But I ordered two sets today. I love these things.

I can always use the bowls if not going to be part of a gift and the bags make great gift bags that the recipients actually use over and over.

We made two sets for the women at the women’s shelter and filled the bowls will treats and then added beauty products, soaps, etc. and other feminine products and tied a cozy throw across the top.

Another two we filled with things for the kids of the women at the shelter. Coloring books, crayons, treats, little games and a small stuffie. We asked what the age range was first.

The last set that got used was one we gave as gifts for the guys that live with our disabled son at his group home. They all got a $25.00 movie gift card (they go to the dollar theater here a couple times a month).A pair of fuzzy socks, some treats and a throw as well. There are only four guys there (my son included)so There was one (or was it two) left. I think the last set had 6? 

All were well received. I still have the one set and now more on the way.

@BirdieGal

You have done such creative things with yours! I love that there is all the extra room to put additional gifts inside too.

I keep a couple in the drawer in my kitchen, and every time I have some empty canning jars or such that need to be run to the basement,keep adding to the bag till full, then take it down when making a trip.

They are great for taking food up to my mom (she lives next door, and I often send up some of what I cook or bake for the week). She keeps the bag till the bowls and containers are empty and washed, then brings them back down when she comes. 

I love these things too! I just wish they would make a set with square or rectangle containers that are about 5 cups. Slightly bigger containers than the ones provided would work better for me, and a shape different than the bowl would be nice for a change.

Esteemed Contributor

I just texted my DD to see if she wants to give these for teacher gifts instead of Mrs. P's. I was a teacher, and I love these!

Respected Contributor

I heard David say these come with 3.5 cup bowls instead of 5 cups like years before.  He said people were requesting the smaller bowls. 

What?  I want the larger bowls!  I have never read anywhere people wanted smaller bowls.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I heard David say these come with 3.5 cup bowls instead of 5 cups like years before.  He said people were requesting the smaller bowls. 

What?  I want the larger bowls!  I have never read anywhere people wanted smaller bowls.

@Sunshine Kate We like the 3.5 because we all take our lunches to work, and this one is just perfect for soups, stews chilis, etc. Maybe next time they should offer a few sizes. 

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@Sunshine Kate

I heard that in the presentation when I watched the video too and couldn't believe it either. 

I tolerate the smaller bowl, but would like a bigger container too.

This is the fourth set of bags and bowls they have done, and the bowls have been different sizes each time.

First set was about three cups, then they went up to closer to four. Then the set with the 5 cup had fewer pieces, and now back into the 3.5 cup bowls. 

I really want them to do a square or a rectangle. Would hold more cookies than a bowl does. Must be cheaper to make the bowls. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio Thank you so much for posting about these.  I never pay attention to the kitchen items so I never would have seen these.  I agree with other posters that I would prefer a square or rectangular container, but I can make the bowls work.

I’ve mentioned on other threads that I’ve always bought the set of Cheryl’s cookies in small tins to use as gift card holders for the children and teens in my life, but QVC hasn’t offered them the last two years.  Last year, I bought them directly from Cheryl’s, but this year, I think I will bake my own cookies and use these containers and bags instead.  At $4 each, they are perfectly priced for me.

It would be nice if they would offer two options...a set of five bags with small square/rectangular containers and a set of four bags with larger sq./rect. containers.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

---------------------

I ordered and then cancelled!!  I still have some of the bowls/bags leftover from two years ago. The smaller bowls do not hold enough of whatever give away goodies.

I really liked the bigger bowls from last year. I would want the larger bowls for this year!  And I love the idea of square or rectangular container...maybe next year...