Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson Christmas items.

@Spurt wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

I don't think LR's decorating skills are the real wish for her to return; but rather the way she presented them - - and - - in those shows we saw products that were new to us.  Now we've become unimpressed unless items are truly different.   Jill trys..... but it just isn't hitting the 'mark'.

Agreed @fthunt.  Jill has said that she uses the same vendor that Valerie uses, so it's no wonder that the items seem like we've seen them before (and we have).

I'm still holding out hope that  Alberti will be able to bring his decorating style to QVC.  He said he is coming back to host on QVC's primary channel, and QVC2, as well as Beauty iQ in August.  Dare I dream that the QVC buyers have gone to a new vendor to offer different/new holiday items and bring them out during the real holiday push??

@Caaareful Shopper

Yep, like most QVC merchandise it seems they all use the same manufacturers whether your talking clothing or home decor and the result is many of the shows present products that look very much the same. And Valerie's/Jill's disappointingly are a case in point. But JMHO but I think not only do Jill's items look similar, but some look like a cheapened down version from Valerie's (in particular her wreaths/garlands) and certainly Jill's sets aren't as creative or nice...but I did like Jill's deer better than Valeries.....In fact I thought some of QVC's Kris Kringle and Home Reflection Christmas items were more creative.....but again similar style and would be nice to see a more elegant line.............

@Spurt those deer with braided rope Jill presented were beautiful (H211856)!  I was impressed (but did not purchase because I have a set of deer from last year). 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC: If you want to increase sales, it's very simple.

Just listen to your customers on your own board. Your own customers come to these forums and give you all the answers without being asked.

A dream for most companies who spend thousands of dollars in marketing and research trying to understand their target customers. These are your ideal, target customers; they buy and come here to engage with you.

I've been asking as well for Alberti to get his own decorating show for a long time. It's mind boggling. I watched Jill last year since I have an open mind but unfortunately she's not the right replacement for the design and decorating aesthetic that so many customers are craving, which LR had.

Just read the forums ---> implement changes being asked by your target customers ---> happy customers ---> increased sales. All this without a huge investment. 

~Live with Intention~
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also wish Q would bring us some of the lovely high end items that Lisa brought to us.  I know not everybody enjoy her style of decorating but I think that there is enough of us here that would just love for Alberti to do a show with a more upscaled theme.

I will be truthful and say that I have purchased from Lisa's website for her Christmas items.  Last year it was just two items and I was please with both items. This year I did twice as much, with the first package arriving yesterday and I was over the top happy with what I had purchased. 

Come on Q bring us some higher end items that you can't find everywhere.

Super Contributor

I agree ... I like her offerings.  I purchased two pieces of jewelry this past Spring and am waiting on two apparel items currently.  I haven't purchased any decor from her, though I purchased a pair of copper lanterns at HomeGoods that were similar to ones she offered at holiday time last year. In fairness, they were less expensive, I didn't have to pay shipping, and they were filled with Godiva chocolates (!) ... but I might not have paid attention to them if I hadn't admired them on Lisa's website.  I wish things didn't sell out so quickly.

I agree 100% with all those advocating for Alberti to have his own decor show!  He is the one who started this Holiday forum ... so he is one of us! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

When it comes to home decor, I like Alberti's style better than Jill's and Lisa's.  I think it would be interesting to see what he could come up with if given the opportunity.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do love LR's taste and have purchased many of her items on the Q, however I think her pricing on her own site is outragous...$169 for a 'Peace' nativity. It's lovely, but I don't like it that much.

Too bad she left the Q...I also miss Linda Dano Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I do love LR's taste and have purchased many of her items on the Q, however I think her pricing on her own site is outragous...$169 for a 'Peace' nativity. It's lovely, but I don't like it that much.

Too bad she left the Q...I also miss Linda Dano Smiley Sad

@Susan Louise

I totally agree Lisa's Christmas items were lovely and provide a much needed decorating style, BUT LR's prices were also outrageous!!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

LR has her own gift card.

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

I noticed that...I guess there are some folks who buy certain things almost exclusively from LR...enough so or at such a regular basis that one could be given to someone for a gift.

LR would have to come back to the Q for me to afford her selection of various goods...jewelry, clothes, accessories, home decor, etc...

Super Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

I noticed that...I guess there are some folks who buy certain things almost exclusively from LR...enough so or at such a regular basis that one could be given to someone for a gift.

LR would have to come back to the Q for me to afford her selection of various goods...jewelry, clothes, accessories, home decor, etc...

Or you could google what she is selling and probably find it for a lot less.