Honored Contributor

Lets Share Neat Holiday "Catalog Mountains" You Recieve!

Today after all the running I did, I attacked a week's stack of unessential mail.  The catalogs provide such beautiful "eye candy"  I begin to think "Where could I put that?"!!!

Everything from cypris root bowls (beautiful) to a nativity made from drift wood.  If you want the unique, it's in my mail box!

The Vermont Country Store-  Ceramic class Christmas trees!

Sturbridge Yankee Workshop

Viva Terra Inspired Green Living  unique!

Charleston Gardens  Life size Santas with a decorated tree beside them!

Awe-At West End-Driftwood Nativity, Neat recycled wood nostalgic coat rack!

What's in your box?

Honored Contributor

Re: Lets Share Neat Holiday "Catalog Mountains" You Recieve!

More than I can say, but I always love, Sundance and .Sturbridge Village.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

so far the highest number of catalogs i have received in one day has been 23! that is quite a lot to shove into a mailbox. Smiley Wink

two days ago i received the crate and barrell catalog. i am doomed. LOL. almost every page had something i liked. i saw a sets of plates for christmas. i already have TWO SETS of christmas dinnerware that gets used, how can i justify other plates?

we received the yankee candle catalog. buy 2 get 2 free coupon. they have scratch and sniffs of some of the new holiday scents. now we have to narrow them down. we already have a bunch from last year, but that never stops my daughter and i from wanting the new scents.

i also received a new JJILL catalog this week. those items will be strictly for me. we finally have a good cold snap and i am loving some of the tunic length sweaters.

my favorite fruit company to order from is pittman and davis. i always buy their COMICE PEARS.....excellent.....have never had a better pear before. they are good and so juicy. they are only around for three months so i have to get my fill of them now. i usually wait to order boxes before christmas because i give them as gifts also, but i think i want some for thanksgiving also. will be buying some ruby red grapefruits and oranges to make alcoholic freshly squeezed fruit crushes.

still going through so many. HAPPY SHOPPING! Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Today after all the running I did, I attacked a week's stack of unessential mail.  The catalogs provide such beautiful "eye candy"  I begin to think "Where could I put that?"!!!

Everything from cypris root bowls (beautiful) to a nativity made from drift wood.  If you want the unique, it's in my mail box!

What's in your box?

Vermont Country Store is a favorite.  I get my Eileen West sleepwear from there and other cute stuff.  I once went through country kitchen and bought some lace panels from Strubridge Yankee Worshop.  I have too much and my DH gets the mail and he says you got a box full of "circulars with stuff you would want to buy so I tossed them on the way home."  Our mailbox is sort of away from the house, on the other side of the road.

Esteemed Contributor

I got a catalog of hangers!  Wooden, metal, plastic hangers! Hangers for pants,purses,kids,belts,scarves. A whole catalog and I have to say I was interested! 😂😂😂 

Respected Contributor

I put catalogs straight into the recycling bin.  They never make it into the house to tempt me to buy anything else.  I do enough damage with QVC and trips to WS, PB and C&B.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

What's in your box?

@ECBG  Charleston Gardens really hikes prices.  I bought two items somewhere else after I saw them in the catalog for $20 less than the catalog, also several other items were much higher than I found elsewhere, but there are some throw pillows in the catalog that I havn't seen elsewhere, so am hoping for a sale, but I doubt it.

I have bought from a few catalogs, online, for items I havn't seen elsewhere and I recycle tons every week.  I mostly shop online without the use of a catalog.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

so far the highest number of catalogs i have received in one day has been 23! that is quite a lot to shove into a mailbox. Smiley Wink

two days ago i received the crate and barrell catalog. i am doomed. LOL. almost every page had something i liked. i saw a sets of plates for christmas. i already have TWO SETS of christmas dinnerware that gets used, how can i justify other plates?

we received the yankee candle catalog. buy 2 get 2 free coupon. they have scratch and sniffs of some of the new holiday scents. now we have to narrow them down. we already have a bunch from last year, but that never stops my daughter and i from wanting the new scents.

i also received a new JJILL catalog this week. those items will be strictly for me. we finally have a good cold snap and i am loving some of the tunic length sweaters.

my favorite fruit company to order from is pittman and davis. i always buy their COMICE PEARS.....excellent.....have never had a better pear before. they are good and so juicy. they are only around for three months so i have to get my fill of them now. i usually wait to order boxes before christmas because i give them as gifts also, but i think i want some for thanksgiving also. will be buying some ruby red grapefruits and oranges to make alcoholic freshly squeezed fruit crushes.

still going through so many. HAPPY SHOPPING! Smiley Happy

@sunshine45  Years ago, I would order a box of pears from Harry and David, they were so sweet and juicy it was like eating candy, so I would serve them with a creamy brie or some such cheese  for desert at dinner parties, always had another desert for those who wanted sugar, but the pears and cheese were devine and enough for most.  I stopped when I found a produce market where I could get wonderful Comice at less expense.