Honored Contributor

Let the decorating begin 😊😊😊

First off all my Holiday forum friends I hope you all had a blessed & wonderful day!  As for me, it was wonderful hosting and getting to set a beautiful table for good friends & food!  Funny thing, while everyone was seated & before the toast of friendship/blessing I wanted to take a pic (I used all my Temptations, good tableware, etc.) .... duh...I didn't push the button!!! So no pic but fun memories!!

So now, I'm full on "nite energy" and undecorating Fall getting ready for Christmas! So keep those ideas & pics coming so I can "steal" 😉 Some of your lovely ideas!

I hope to be fully decorated by 12/1.  Tomorrow is a busy day of shopping & contractors : In January having house painted & new flooring, lighting in kitchen....as Luke Bryant song "Kick the Dust Up"...plenty of it to come!!!

😊🎄

Honored Contributor

Re: Let the decorating begin 😊😊😊

When I was younger, I remember hosting Thanksgiving and putting up my tree after everyone left.  Then would have to work mandatory overtime on Friday. No way would I do that now.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG

You're not the only one!

oh I remember those days all to well!  I was like the energizer bunny on steroids -- I did TG then my cousins & gf scoured the ads for hours for Black Friday deals (when there was a real Black Friday & stores opened 6am Friday) to map out our shopping attack!  We worked mid-shift (11am-7 mandatory) so perfect timing was down to the minute! 

Today, after dinner my friends were going to the sales.  Not me! I started taking down my Fall decor & cleaning up from dinner ...I lasted about a hour!!! 

I usually have "nite energy" but not tonight -- no hurry to get it done!!!  Sitting here with a cup of tea flicking channels & enjoying it!!!!

Honored Contributor

I guess I will start to put away my fall decor today, and, start to bring out the Christmas!

To everyone, an early,

Image result for happy holidays animated pics

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 Awe too bad we didn't get to see your beautiful dinner pic.i can't believe that you could Cook the dinner and after everyone left put away fall items and get dishes done too.I want to get your energy.

Dinner for only DH and I.We then walked our three mile round trip to feed our stray kittie.I bought some fancy wet cat food for his thanksgiving dinner.He was pretty excited about that as I always give him dry food.We wished him a happy thanksgiving and he allowed us to pet him a couple of times before he ate.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@AuntG

You're not the only one!

oh I remember those days all to well!  I was like the energizer bunny on steroids -- I did TG then my cousins & gf scoured the ads for hours for Black Friday deals (when there was a real Black Friday & stores opened 6am Friday) to map out our shopping attack!  We worked mid-shift (11am-7 mandatory) so perfect timing was down to the minute! 

Today, after dinner my friends were going to the sales.  Not me! I started taking down my Fall decor & cleaning up from dinner ...I lasted about a hour!!! 

I usually have "nite energy" but not tonight -- no hurry to get it done!!!  Sitting here with a cup of tea flicking channels & enjoying it!!!!

Yes, that night energy thing! What is that?

I am and always have been a morning person. I like to be up with the sun, and feel so productive in the morning. 

But the last several years, while I still am a morning person, I find that if I sit down on the computer in the evening and/or watch a couple of shows, come about 11 pm, I have a second wind, and I can be found tearing into things like some sort of crazed night creature!

It doesn't happen every night, but a lot of them! 

Don't know whether it is because my husband has worked nights for so long, and my kid is now gone, that I get bored late at night or what, but I now find myself not going to bed until 1am or after many nights. 

I guess I'm just pacing myself throughout the day! LOL

Honored Contributor

I was going to start decorating today; well, clean, get stuff ready, etc.

Instead, I'm in bed with hot tea and multiple layers of blankets. My head feels like it's going to explode and I just don't feel great. Where did I catch this cold?! So much to do and zero energy for it. I HATE this.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam@oh hope you don't get too sick....relax and enjoy a little bed rest for a couple of days....sounds like flu though if you have chills.

Honored Contributor

@dex  Thank you for the kind words! As of today, I'm up and feeling great, lol. NO CLUE other than maybe simple fatigue OR since their house was on the cool side, I was simply VERY cold. We do have a front moving through so the pressure may have been from that. Whatever it was, it's gone and I'm moving in the big boxes and getting ready to decorate!!!!!!! : )

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam Glad to hear that you are okay and ready to tackle your next project.I find that sometimes if I get really cold that I don't feel well.That must be where our parents got the idea that you needed a coat everywhere you went so you didn't catch a cold.

I hope you post a couple of your decorating pics.I love to see what everyone has done for the season.