Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Beauty Maven 

would you be able to mark them "defective" quality or call CS to waive return fees?

Certainly, your purchase didn't meet your expectations. 

@homedecor1 

@Beauty Maven 

This was going to be my reply as well. 

If the workmanship is sloppy, I consider it defective, and I will send it back like that and request a full shipping refund. I never have had an issue with getting it either. I would try that in your cirucumstance. 

Honored Contributor

years ago in the descriptions for any item it would state "made in _____" I started noticing last year this was replaced with "imported".

Even cosmetics such as Laura Geller who always touted her "baked" products were made in Italy now state "imported".

I also noticed on the Lenox it states "imported".  Yet, when I read descriptions on most items the "disclaimer" at the end of it always states "information provided by company".

Vendors know not to disclose this info.  For instance, Lenox vendor leads one to believe Lenox is a USA company in business for over 100 years or Kitchen Aid doing the same to name a few.

We all know most everything comes from China or some other country!  Heck, I looked at a shirt in JCP today for my gd -- tag said "made in SriLanka" and believe me it looked it😮. Cheap and poorly made!

IMO the quality is hit or miss with everything!  Especially when there is no more quality control at any manufacturer.  

Super Contributor

Beauty Maven I received my church the other day & it is in perfect condition. I would call CS & return it has defective & request a replacement.

Honored Contributor

That's a bummer.  I remember when QVC had these holiday village pieces last year as either a TSV or a Big Deal and I was kicking myself for not ordering.  Then I saw them in the Lenox catelog on sale and still didn't order them.  

I was thinking I would order this year if they had them again but now I may pass. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Beauty Maven 

Yup sadly even Lenox is no longer made in USA.

I grew up in NJ and Lenox was headquartered in Lawrenceville,NJ.

We would go there during holiday season & to their big outlet sale in Cranbury, NJ.

Interesting to me, the vendor on QVC always states it's "fine china" not "bone china" as many of my pieces.  I started collecting Lenox Holly Pattern when I was 17.  I have beautiful 12 place setting w/all completer pieces, including the gold flatware from Lenox.  

I have no idea what I'll do with all my mothers & grandmothers pieces of Wedgewood, Lenox & Goebel hummels from 1940-1960s that I have packed away. 

Goebel American headquarters was also in our area - Hopewell, NJ.

These companies are gone with the quality☹️

That was an annual trip for us. We would all pile in my girlfriend's Grand Marquis and go to Cranbury, NJ. We would each fill up our shopping carts. And each of us would walk out of there with 6-8 large Lenox bags. That is why we went in my girlfriend's Grand Marquis. The trunk could hold most of the bags. The bags that didn't fit in the trunk would sit on our laps for the ride home. 

We would stop at Molly Pitcher rest stop for Cinnabons and a late lunch. We had so much fun for many years. Then things started to change. My girlfriend (who worked for Lenox) would show us the difference in the products. She would point out made in China vs made in US. 

I understand that Lenox is trying to keep prices low. And can not fault them for that. I am just so glad I have many beautiful Lenox pieces. And had so much fun on our shopping expeditions.

PS - Because of these expeditions, my everday dishes are Summer Terrace by Lenox. They were made between 1995 to 2002. I use them everday and there isn't one chip on any bowls or plates. A few plates have been broken but I bought lots of extras. I still like the pattern and can not believe how well the dishes have held up. Well worth the investment.

Honored Contributor

I have a set of Lenox dishes I've had for several years and they've held up great. I don't know much about their holiday items. It's so sad that many products/companies are changing and not for the best.