Respected Contributor

Re: Late, but Goodbye to My Halloween Mantel

To me this says fall and Halloween and Thanksgiving are fall.  I say when it is time for Christmas then you do.   Can't see the hurry to take it down.  Very nice.  

I just pop in and out a few pieces for those two holidays and look out Christmas my mantle is stuffed.  

Enjoy.  

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Thanks @haddon9! What is yours like? 

When DH was in middle and high school he had a Halloween party every year. His birthday is shortly before, and he wanted that instead of a birthday celebration. Our whole house was Halloween! It was so much fun! I had fun each year finding new recipes to try. Of course their favorites were pizza rolls  -  LOL!  

I miss those days!  Smiley Sad

@beach-mom   My mantle has a few Halloween figurines that I had gotten in previous years at craft shows.  They are wooden figures with cloth of children dressed for Halloween trick 'or treating....cute.  I also add a few fall leaves around them.  

My daughter's birthday is in the middle of Oct. and we also would have a Halloween themed party a lot.....usually when she was younger in elementary school.

One year (I think she was in second grade) I had purchased several pumpkins and put them out in the open space behind our house before the party.  I had the girls go out to the "pumpkin patch" and select a pumpkin.  They decorated them and took them home as their party favor.

I also miss those days when they were young and got so excited about the different holidays.

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom  I LOVE your pumpkins and your fireplace...Smiley Happy  The clock is really beautiful!  I would never move it either.  It lets you know when it's "time" to decorate 

Esteemed Contributor

It's beautiful, @beach-mom  I love that you use the mantel clock you have from your Mom as a focal piece.

I woudn't have taken it down either. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you @meallen616 , @Roscoe the Rascal , @eadu4 , and @GinaV24!

@haddon9 - Your trick or treaters sound cute! I love local craft shows, but a lot of ours that I have attended have either closed or diminished in size.

We used to put out trick or treaters from the Cat's Meow. We had a few town buildings too. They glowed in the dark. I lined them up on the bottom shelf of our TV cabinet. Then we got a larger TV, and there is no room for them!  

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom I used to have houses from The Cat's Meow.  They are cute but I not longer put them out either.  I think I might still have a few in the storage closet in the basement.  I need to clean out a lot of stuff!