Honored Contributor

Late, but Goodbye to My Halloween Mantel

I haven't taken it down yet. I intended to take the Halloween part down, but never did. I've been enjoying it late at night when I'm downstairs by myself. 

It's always been a challenge because my late mom gave us the mantel clock. I never move it, but decorate around it. 

This year I did something completely different, prompted by Valerie's Starry Night Hurricanes in black. So everything there is either VPH or Martha Stewart (the Halloween garland), except for the clock, the pumpkin on top,  the mini lights I bought locally a long time ago, and my grandfather's railroad lantern. 

I kind of like this look!   Smiley Wink

8AF6AF7C-7A92-4A2E-8C8A-42127EF36CB4.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Late, but Goodbye to My Halloween Mantel

You did a very creative mantle!  I can totally understand your reluctantly to taking it down.

I would just add a few fall elements in place of the Halloween.

Esteemed Contributor

Very nice !

I like your fireplace.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @ECBG! I thought about making it more fall like, but in a little over a week I can put Christmas out!   Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Daisy Sunflower!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Very cute! 

I have a Halloween mantle as well.  I plan on taking it down Thanksgiving weekend when we do the Christmas mantle & the tree.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @haddon9! What is yours like? 

When DH was in middle and high school he had a Halloween party every year. His birthday is shortly before, and he wanted that instead of a birthday celebration. Our whole house was Halloween! It was so much fun! I had fun each year finding new recipes to try. Of course their favorites were pizza rolls  -  LOL!  

I miss those days!  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom,

That is a beautiful fireplace. I like your decorations. They are different and elegant. That garland is really nice and the little lanterns too. Thanks for showing it. I can see why you want to keep it up!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @on the bay! It is different for me. I usually put just one candle up, and other Halloween things, but I like the way this is.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor