Esteemed Contributor

Re: Last Night For My Christmas Tree

I bought the '3 strands of fairy lights' this year and the color blend is beautiful.  Trying to figure out how to use them year round. 

They are just so pretty.  It would be a shame to not use them. 

My neighbor is putting up red lights for Valentine's day.

We can use all the CHEER we can get this year!

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@PA Mom-mom   I love your doves.  Just beautiful!

@PA Mom-mom   I just wanted to add to my post that I would love to see a picture of the entire tree.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@LdyBugz  and @NickNack  I hesitated to post a picture of the entire tree, because most people find it way too overdone. I always use all the ornaments I've made or collected since I was 14. It has everything my children and grandchildren made for me or gave me over the years as well, That being said, here goes:

Tree.jpg

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting the picture @PA Mom-mom .  I love that the doves are continued throughout the tree.  The snowflakes are pretty, too.

-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

OMG @PA Mom-mom  - what an exquisitely decorated tree.    I would have a really tough time taking it down as well.  Enjoy it for as long as you can

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom  Thank you for the additional pic!  I think your tree is just beautiful and special.  Everything is placed perfectly.  Well done!

I also decorate my tree with ornaments given to me over the years or handmade by my granddaughters.  I still have a couple from my childhood that I use, too.  They all have special meaning and I cherish them.  So I completely understand your sentiment.  🙂

Have a fabulous weekend!

~LdyBugz 🐞

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@PA Mom-mom   I love your doves.  Just beautiful!

@PA Mom-mom   I just wanted to add to this post.  I liked your doves so much that I found a set of two on Amazon that remind me of yours.  I ordered them.

I quit setting up a tree a few years ago.  I wanted to set up a tabletop tree this year but didn't because of my cat.  I'd already decided to take a chance and put one up next year hoping he won't bother it.  I will use one or hopefully both as a tree topper.

These are the ones that I ordered.

23915CE1-FCD9-457A-ABDD-1A21B70FEA58.jpeg

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  That looks great! You should be able to manipulate the wings just a bit, so you can get the look you want. The doves at the top of my tree are 10 inches. I love how the lights reflect off of them and cast shadows. I have had to repace some of them over the years. After about 10 to 15 years they start to yellow and the wings hang down. I think I got my replacements from Amazon, but Michael's has them before Christmas. Have fun with them!

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom 

Your tree is gorgeous. Not over done at all and anyway to each her own.

I took mine down this week and I already miss it.  I did decorate my mantel for valentines just to brighten up  a little.  

Enjoy your tree tree as long as you desire.  I really wish everyone would leave up outdoor lights and trees up until mid feb,  sigh....

I am leaving my window candles in the windows until Easter. 

Thanks for for posting your beautiful tree,,!

Honored Contributor

I'd call it gorgeous, not overdone @PA Mom-mom .