Super Contributor

Lanterns, Candles, and Mr. Christmas Trees

OH MY!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Lanterns, Candles, and Mr. Christmas Trees

Yes, I'm sick of all of it!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Trusted Contributor

Not fond of the pastels.  

Esteemed Contributor

@bcherry01  I'm a Christmas person; so, yes, yes, yes!

Honored Contributor

Love lanterns and candles; certain Christmas trees too. Happy time for me to think about Christmas and all the fun and joy there is to be my friends and family. Love all the baking that will be going on from Thanksgiving until Christmas, but for now I will just enjoy these presentations that remind me of a great time of the year coming up and some really great prices on items I either need or want.

Super Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@bcherry01  I'm a Christmas person; so, yes, yes, yes!

I enjoy Christmas but these are all the same items from the past 2/3 years.  They need new inventory..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm shopping for gifts. I have a few ladies' groups I enjoy choosing the perfect gift for. I also enjoy choosing the perfect gift for my 3 closest friends. I usually find something as soon as CIJ starts. But I wasn't finding anything, until. . .

. . . the recent presentation of Valerie's shows. I ordered the set of three snowmen ornaments H227932. They are perfect for my wonderful friends in one of my groups! 

Still have more shopping to do. I'll keep checking the shows!

(Of course I did treat myself too. I ordered Valerie's "Night Before Christmas" snow globe in white  H227472. And I'm one who doesn't decorate until after Thanksgiving!)   Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think the lantern craze is as big anymore.....I see less and less in the stores this year...

Honored Contributor

I love when they are showing those three things. Well, actual trees, not the Mr. Christmas ceramic and plastic ones, but the kind you put up and decorate.

These days, if I"m going to buy anything at all during holiday programming, it is most likely going to be candles or lanterns that I can use all year. I'm way over stocked and not liking virtually any of the holiday decor they are bringing the last few years. I still enjoy watching, but I have to say that so far this CIJ season, there isn't a single thing that has been on air that I would take even if it was free. 

It's just a sign of where I"m at in life right now, I guess. I have way more Christmas decor than I can use, I tend to rotate some of my collections so they get used every other or every third year, and I don't want to deal with storing any more than I already have. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio   I agree.  I finally said to myself recently as I was trying to organize and find places to store decor that hadn't found a place yet. "enough is enough."

I had the nerve to watch the lantern presentation the other night, only two colors remaining which I didn't want, then asked myself where would I display them and/or store, and the answer was no where.

Every year I pack some Christmas decor into a box and send it to DD, but I don't want to overwhelm her even though if she had a larger place she would take so much of it, and her boyfriend said last year, "you have so many things." words spoken around here, lol.