Honored Contributor

Re: Ladies Who Love Dishes!!

We have 2 local Walmart Stores, a smaller and a larger one.

In recent years I’ve been amazed at the beautiful holiday decorations sold there.

It’s really a delightful place to shop for holidays!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe the 12 Day's of Christmas Plates are on the WM website.  Also, besides the Snowman plate there are a few other Heritage pieces online.  Many of the Walmart's I've been in just don't have everything out now.  I imagine they will be out soon, though!

Pier one has some cute salad plates, too.  Of course, the Red Truck plate but several other whimsical styles.  I like the plates that have either a fox, buck or birch trees on them (Winter Forest).  I think all of their plates (for the most part) are on sale now, but not as low-cost as the BH&G dishes....

Regular Contributor

Here are a couple of pictures of the dishes from the Heritage line that I have collected in the last seven years or so.  I have an embarassing number of multiples of most of these as well as serving pieces.

There are at least three other salad plates that I know of...a single cardinal, chickadees and an amarillis (?).  Would love to see pictures if anybody has different ones.

DSCN3113.JPG

I do have a Love plate but it's in an unopened box of four somewhere.  I wish they would make appetizer plates and mugs again...we use those SO much.

DSCN3116 - Copy.JPG

Respected Contributor

@froggy

I know! Right? 

People do multiple trees for the holidays and it has become so mainstream that you are considered odd if you only have one tree now!

So why (well, lack of space would be a big reason, lol) can't we have a half a dozen dining tables all set up and pretty!!??

I need to find a job where I do this decor thing outside the home, make money for doing it, let my creativity flow, but not have to house (or buy) all the things I see and love and want to work with!!

@Mominohio

I was just telling my DH yesterday that when he builds me my castle I MUST have a butler's pantry so I can buy more dishes! (He said not to tell the men's club but he actually likes dishes too and enjoys my tablescapes and other decorating).

I don't think anyone would pay me to decorate - I take too long and am not particularly creative. But I sure can copy what others have done in catalogs and blogs.

Super Contributor

Hi Ladies!

Just wanted to update those interested in the 12 Days of Christmas dishes......my local WM had a set of 12 tea light candles in glass jars (1 for each day) for around $20. Really cute to tuck into tablescape. I found them in the candle section not the dishes. Plus they were unloading a ton of Christmas decor...... I found adorable mercury glass birds ornaments for $1.98 each in silver. 

My husband was just shaking his head as he headed out to golf..... Smiley Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@Coopsmommy wrote:

Hi Ladies!

Just wanted to update those interested in the 12 Days of Christmas dishes......my local WM had a set of 12 tea light candles in glass jars (1 for each day) for around $20. Really cute to tuck into tablescape. I found them in the candle section not the dishes. Plus they were unloading a ton of Christmas decor...... I found adorable mercury glass birds ornaments for $1.98 each in silver. 

My husband was just shaking his head as he headed out to golf..... Smiley Embarassed

@Coopsmommy  Enjoy all your new treasures! As for your DH, well, you both have your own 'joys' which is wonderful. He'll appreciate all your new finds when you use them this holday season Smiley Happy