Super Contributor

Re: Ladies Who Love Dishes!!

All of you lovely ladies have made me LOL so hard I have tears in my eyes! hahahahaha

We are a group of enablers for sure......heaven forbid somebody try and stop us from getting our Holiday dishes.... I hope whomever wants these can get them in your area they are so lovely. 

I enjoy reading on this thread so much because I can totally relate, I'm right there with all of you.

Super Contributor

@Mominohio  All I saw were the 12 Days of Christmas ones, none of the winter type scenes from previous years. That's not to say they won't have those too, but this was a shelf being set up right on the end when you walk in at the home store entrance. I will keep you posted if I spot any others.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For our primitive house, I bought Heartstone Christmas dishes and use antique candlesticks.

Christmas Traditions by Hartstone Pottery

HEARTHSTONE CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS 11-1/4" DOVE GINGERBREAD STONEWARE DINNER PLATE

Ladies, although this is a picture I made for students who were dying to see what I did (LOL!), all I do is change the center piece and add fresh greenry.  Sorry, I just learned how to post this type of pic!  It would never copy/paste!

DCP_1235.JPG 

Respected Contributor

Thank goodness I'm safe this year! I don't care for those as much as previous years. I have reached the point where I have so many holiday dishes I can't decide which ones to use each year. I wish I had about six dining tables so that I could decorate them all!

Super Contributor

I went over to walmart around 11pm and I did see they had two of the twelve days of christmas cake platters, they had table cloths in the previous hertiage design but no plates out yet. I seen they had a wax warmer and outlet warmer in hertiage design. I think I will run back over in the morning and see if they have the plates out. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just now read this thread.  That's it!!!  I'm on the hunt!  I'm going to Walmart after work today to see what they may have. 

ETA:  The 12 days dishes are going to go fast.  Anything cute in my area goes in a flash - no matter what store it is.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

Thank goodness I'm safe this year! I don't care for those as much as previous years. I have reached the point where I have so many holiday dishes I can't decide which ones to use each year. I wish I had about six dining tables so that I could decorate them all!

@froggy

I know! Right? 

People do multiple trees for the holidays and it has become so mainstream that you are considered odd if you only have one tree now!

So why (well, lack of space would be a big reason, lol) can't we have a half a dozen dining tables all set up and pretty!!??

I need to find a job where I do this decor thing outside the home, make money for doing it, let my creativity flow, but not have to house (or buy) all the things I see and love and want to work with!!

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah !!!   Just got back from my local Walmart and everything was out !  Got the salad bowl, dessert plate , dinner plate and cake stand ,  service for 6.  They are just beautiful,  I csnt wait to get the table set with them!  I didn't see the salt & pepper shakers yet ,  I guess they will put them out soon as it looks like they aren't finished yet with the section.  I'll keep checking fir them.  This set and pattern look so expensive and it isn't !

if your walmart doesn't hsve them yet keep checking  ,  I'm sure they will get them out by the weekend.   

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@froggy

I know! Right? 

People do multiple trees for the holidays and it has become so mainstream that you are considered odd if you only have one tree now!

So why (well, lack of space would be a big reason, lol) can't we have a half a dozen dining tables all set up and pretty!!??

I need to find a job where I do this decor thing outside the home, make money for doing it, let my creativity flow, but not have to house (or buy) all the things I see and love and want to work with!!

@Mominohio. That has always been my dream job !  How great it would be yo decorate all day ,  it wouldn't even be like work for me lol.   I love to wrap gifts for christmas as well .  My BFF and I always joke that we would love to stRt a wrapping business with all kinds of paper , ribbon, add on etc.  and name it  That's A Wrap !!  Or  All Wrapped Up!  

Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@froggy

I know! Right? 

@Mominohio. That has always been my dream job !  How great it would be yo decorate all day ,  it wouldn't even be like work for me lol.   I love to wrap gifts for christmas as well .  My BFF and I always joke that we would love to stRt a wrapping business with all kinds of paper , ribbon, add on etc.  and name it  That's A Wrap !!  Or  All Wrapped Up!  

Cat Happy

@Kitty Galore

I have heard of people who actually to go into people's homes and do the wrapping as a business!

That would be so fun! I love to wrap too!

I almost got a job wrapping packages at the mall back in the day, when I was in college, but had a job in fast food at the time, and didn't find a way to work the two schedules together.