Contributor

Lack Lustre Start to Christmas in July

So disappointed with CIJ so far.  Last years merchandise regurgitated and why do they spend SOOOOO much time on TSV.  Hope things pickup.

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

Re: Lack Lustre Start to Christmas in July

[ Edited ]

@twoflaglady, I'm sorry that you are not enjoying it. Perhaps it will get better for you as time goes on. 

Respected Contributor

@twoflaglady   I am sorry you are disappointed.  I have found things to order for self or for gifts.

So far, Beekman's, Germack, Slatkin items.  And Thursday night Enstrom toffee during David Venable's show.

Debating the largest size lantern TSV for putting on the stoop of my wrought iron townhouse rental.

Can't decide between the gold and the bronze.

Best,  and have a great weekend.  Bet something will pop up that will "call"  you.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@twoflaglady   Wow.  It hasn't even been one day of CIJ yet.  It's not even noon.

I agree that the TSV gets too much air-time, but that's every single TSV ever. 

I hope some of the upcoming CIJ days will be better for you.  

Valued Contributor

I thought it was great and continues to be this morning
Trusted Contributor

I am loving it, agreed some stuff is last years but at pretty good bargains.  Tomorrow will be the BIG day for it.  I am not shopping but I am watching. You never know.  I don;t need decorations but always looking for gift ideas

Respected Contributor

@twoflaglady     I have to say I feel like you do. I haven't watched too much but I keep checking items recently on air and I haven't seen anything that I would purchase with the exception of the tri-candle lanterns. They are very pretty but pricey.  I'm looking for a 2' and a 4' flocked downswept slim tree. Bought Valerie's  3' tree last year and I love it.  So far I haven't seen any. But I'll tune in tomorrow. 

Esteemed Contributor

@twoflaglady  Early CIJ shows are usually fleshed out with leftover sale items from last year. They are often good deals. They mix up new items with leftovers. I picked up the VPH cathedral mirror for my DIL for a great price! Tomorrow will be a mixture as well, but VPH definitely has some new items to show.

Respected Contributor

I have checked out the items a number of times today on my computer and I have been very pleased with the offerings. Really looking forward to Sunday.

Respected Contributor

Oh My GOODNESS!  I've had to be out and about today so I've only had a chance to check in a few times but...There should be More than 2 Items on offer today!  All the times I've tuned in have either been the Lanterns or the  4 figurines with gift bags!  Every Single Time!!!  Now that day is done I'll check back in a few more minutes. Fingers crossed I'll see something new!