Honored Contributor

Oh, and I asked on her FB page if these would be coming back, and she said yes, they would be reordering. 

Don't know if that means they will actually show up or not, but a positive sign for those that missed out on sizes and colors they wanted, or need to spread the purchases out because of the expense.

Super Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Oh, and I asked on her FB page if these would be coming back, and she said yes, they would be reordering. 

Don't know if that means they will actually show up or not, but a positive sign for those that missed out on sizes and colors they wanted, or need to spread the purchases out because of the expense.

Thank you for asking. Something came up and I had to leave the house and these were presented while I was gone. 

Respected Contributor
I agree with mominohio how I think they zoomed in on the wrong lantern.

Anyway, I like these and am trying to figure out how I'd use them.

Would you put them next to lanterns on the hearth or would that look weird?

Would it be weird to put a big one in the biggest Heritage lantern while the smaller lanterns have the smaller diameter candles?

Would like to fit in the chocolate somewhere, maybe on the mantle. I really like the texture on these and the 360.

Might just get the shortest ivory and put it on a plate on my DR table.

Would love even more colors like a plum/eggplant and sage.
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
I agree with mominohio how I think they zoomed in on the wrong lantern.

Anyway, I like these and am trying to figure out how I'd use them.

Would you put them next to lanterns on the hearth or would that look weird?

Would it be weird to put a big one in the biggest Heritage lantern while the smaller lanterns have the smaller diameter candles?

Would like to fit in the chocolate somewhere, maybe on the mantle. I really like the texture on these and the 360.

Might just get the shortest ivory and put it on a plate on my DR table.

Would love even more colors like a plum/eggplant and sage.

@crazycockermom

I'm pondering too, just what to do with these when they come. 

I'm guessing that if they fit well in a lantern, that would be nice, but I'm kind of not wanting to 'waste' them on hiding them in a lantern because they are such a big statement piece. Maybe the right lantern, with the right filler and I could change my mind on that though.

So far, I'm picturing that I won't like them just sitting alone and bare (I know a lot of people like simple clean lines with candles, no frills around them), but will need a wreath (or a very big candle ring!!), or some picks to make some kind of foliage around them.

I have some trays that are generous in size that might hold two of them or chargers used as a candle plate for one at a time. 

I no longer have a fireplace, but I think they would look great somewhere on your hearth (I know, you just got that all situated!!!) in some fashion. 

My mom has a bay window with a big window seat kind of space, and I can see doing a display of them there for her.

And used in the center of the dining table with some rings or wreaths or picks, possibly the small one displayed on a cake plate.

And maybe inside a clear and large hurricane. I don't have one that large, but could look for one after they come.

I'd love to see a really nice sage too, and a pumpkin or spice color, and some sand/tan/taupe kind of shade too.

Honored Contributor

Re: LUMINARA 360

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl

@crazycockermom

@BabyYoda

@Pecky

Does anyone else have a bit of a nagging feeling about the flame on these.

The candles are so fat and tall, and that one itsy bitsy flame in the center top might look kind of out of place and too small? 

IT was something I kind of noticed right off the bat, but in a real candle of that size, a wick and flame would be the same size as in any other size real candle. I'm just thinking that in a real candle that size, it would be a double or triple wick, and look more appropriate.

Also, the brown and the red won't let the light shine through the body of the candle, or so I think based on other dark Luminaras I have. The ivory might, though. I'm wondering if those big fat dark candles with no light coming through the body of the wax, and then that one little flame on top, is going to look odd.

Respected Contributor
@Mominohio
You have a lot of good ideas. I don't think I'd want to display it sitting alone either. At a minimum, it'd have to be with something or on a plate or surrounded by greenery. I do like simple, but solo doesn't seem quite right. These are really cool candles, but expensive so I want to have a plan for them. I wish they had shown us more ideas. When you get them, please share how you end up using them. I also would love a pumpkin or taupey shade. Ivory is nice, but kind of boring.
Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@mousiegirl

@crazycockermom

@BabyYoda

@Pecky

Does anyone else have a bit of a nagging feeling about the flame on these.

The candles are so fat and tall, and that one itsy bitsy flame in the center top might look kind of out of place and too small? 

IT was something I kind of noticed right off the bat, but in a real candle of that size, a wick and flame would be the same size as in any other size real candle. I'm just thinking that in a real candle that size, it would be a double or triple wick, and look more appropriate.

Also, the brown and the red won't let the light shine through the body of the candle, or so I think based on other dark Luminaras I have. The ivory might, though. I'm wondering if those big fat dark candles with no light coming through the body of the wax, and then that one little flame on top, is going to look odd.

Yes @Mominohio I was thinking late last night while in bed about these candles and got out of bed and watched the video for the 6th time and saw there is hardly any glowing light out of the candles. The flame is very small. There was no glow even on the ivory body. It makes the candle look weird with the small flame. I got buyers remorse and cancelled my order. $300 is nothing to sneeze at and for 4 huge candles that barely show a flame? This sized candle should have a 3 wick flame 🔥 In all 3 sizes. I also took measurements of one of my huge lanterns from Pier1 and it would be challenging to get the width in (not the height) the lantern. 

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

I don't know what happened but trying to order them one by one online was a nightmare. The ones I wanted sold out between the time of putting them in my cart and hitting buy, lol.

I have 1 set of the reds, 1 set of the ivory and then extra of the 10 inch and 14 inch and 1 red 6 inch.

What ticks me off is the vendor gave out wrong info on the sizes of candles that fit into those lanterns as well as what size Lanterns were on display. I'm still trying to get the correct info so I know what the heck to order!!

Grrrrr.....

@SahmIam It was a mad frenzy. I happen to be watching when I saw these. I wanted the 14" huge candle and ordered online right away. I got 4 of the 14" rustic candle (2 in brown and 2 in ivory). I already have 6" wide real candles from Pier1 many years ago in various heights that I display. So did you get a total of 9 rustic candles then in the various heights and colors? 

13. I have 13 candles but I'm trying to figure out based on the Lanterns they showed what size I actually need; it's a mess : (

@SahmIam Ok watch the presentation video again like I just did and it seems the large 25" Luminara lantern will fit the 14" or the 10" size and the candle in the lantern on the steps she showed was really the 6" ivory. She spoke incorrectly. It won't fit the 10" or the 14". Hope this helps you decide. 

That's what I thought as well. I watched that video many times plus brought up the Windsor Lantern video on a lap top and froze them in place next to each other in order figure it out. Sadly, I only have 1  of the 6 inch ivory based on what she said. I also purchased the wrong size Lantern as it's not the "grand daddy of them all". No, it's the next size DOWN so thanks....I not only purchased the wrong size item, I can't get the candles to fit the RIGHT size now.

Sheesh.

Editing to add: @BabyYoda  Do you agree that the Windsor Lantern on the stairs was not the largest size but the middle sized one? The panes of glass don't have that long narrow look to me (which is what the biggest one features). TIA

I know you are frustrated @SahmIam I do think the Windsor lantern on the stairs was the medium 19" size looking at it. For the Heritage 2.0 version lantern you would need the 25" one. Remember these candles are 6" wide and you need to get it through the opening of the doors. HTH

Not to confuse things even further, but I was under the impression when she was talking about the 'oversized' lanterns and they showed the shot of the staircase, that she was referring to something else that the camera did not get to, further up the stairs, that might not have been a Luminara brand lantern. 

Could be wrong about that, but my impression was that the camera zoomed in on the wrong thing, not at all what she was speaking of at that moment.

Aahhhh @Mominohio I think you are correct and the camera zoomed in on the Windsor lantern on the stairs. It most likely wasn't the one she was talking about! 

@Salmham

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio

@crazycockermom, I have several real candles that size with a single wick. I found a giant hurricane glass sleeve years ago from Pottery Barn or Crate and Barrel. It is 25 inches tall. I place the candle(18 in.) on a shorter candle holder and all on a tray that I found that would fit the large hurricane.  I use garland to wrap the bottom and use berries and picks and some long curly stems. (I had to use garland around the exterior of the glass to make it look like a wreath). I was not able to find a wreath that would work. Out of all the decor, trees etc., this simple arrangement get the most compliments. It is really simple but the size and a little creativity makes it very spectacular.

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@Mominohio

@crazycockermom, I have several real candles that size with a single wick. I found a giant hurricane glass sleeve years ago from Pottery Barn or Crate and Barrel. It is 25 inches tall. I place the candle(18 in.) on a shorter candle holder and all on a tray that I found that would fit the large hurricane.  I use garland to wrap the bottom and use berries and picks and some long curly stems. (I had to use garland around the exterior of the glass to make it look like a wreath). I was not able to find a wreath that would work. Out of all the decor, trees etc., this simple arrangement get the most compliments. It is really simple but the size and a little creativity makes it very spectacular.

@tiny 2

Sounds beautiful!