Honored Contributor

LEE RADZIWILL'S PARIS APARTMENT BEFORE SALE

Apparently it was put up for sale in 2017.  I still have the issue of "Elle Decor" somewhere that featured this apartment, along with her New York one.  Have always liked her style, which has been celebrated over the decades, and remained fairly consistent:

https://www.theglampad.com/2017/08/lee-radziwills-paris-apartment-sale.html

Fun to see the Bouvier family memorabilia sprinkled around, and how about that view of the Eiffel Tower?

She's always gone her own way when it comes to decor, even though of course she's always had decorators.  But her hallmarks are unmistakable--  she likes soft color, superb antiques, comfort, is not afraid of prints, and her use of art is confident and prolific.  She seems unaffected by the trends that come and go. 

I remember one of her New York apts. featured in countless magazines had the most ethereal celery green bedroom;   in another room she combined red walls with flamboyant tiger stripes; her use of Empire furniture was striking. Her house in the English countryside when married to the prince Radziwill was an absolute dream, raved about by all.  Her style at various times seemed both feminine and fearless.   Vogue did a tiny retrospective of some of the looks she had in various houses:

https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/lee-radziwill-birthday-home-tour#1

I've just always liked her decorating point of view, especially the year-round spring-like freshness in many rooms, and I still do!

Trusted Contributor

Re: LEE RADZIWILL'S PARIS APARTMENT BEFORE SALE

Very tasteful, and noticed she must be a big believer in a comfortable couch.  Right there with her on that.  Hard to find.

Trusted Contributor

It's Paris.  What's not to love?   Heart

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of the bird fabric but otherwise I really loved the casual chic of her decor. It really says An American lives here to me, as French style is much more formal & fu fu.I wonder how much it sold for?

Respected Contributor

Gorgeous!

Thanks so much for sharing!! 

Honored Contributor

Loved it..I thought it was cozy and romantic in many of the rooms and a little more down to business 8n others.

Honored Contributor

That's such a good way to put it, @dex--  I like that!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing!!

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

Loved it..I thought it was cozy and romantic in many of the rooms and a little more down to business 8n others.

Iloved, loved the black & white photo of her on the overstuffed settee circa 1966.

Oh, to put on a pegnoir and enjoy a cup of tea in a china cup while lounging in comfortable surroundings.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for sharing the article!  I enjoyed it and especially the photos.  I love those white chairs with the print!  WOW would I like to have those!  

I love the apartment.  It is very different from so many of the others places she lived.   She had a very odd/I would think hard and disjointed life despite the things she got to do