Esteemed Contributor

Kringle Express bags - list # of bags, not items

[ Edited ]

I have been using the Kringle Express drawstring bags for years and really love them. As a result, many of my family members and friends are now buying them, too. Last night, a friend reminded me of a pet peeve about how the bags are sold on QVC--by listing the total number of things you get in the box rather than the number of bags.

I definitely think the listings for all the Kringle Express bags should say something like "30 Gift Bags Plus 30 Tags" rather than "60 Piece Gift Bag Set" to clearly outline what the customer will receive. KE and the Q could even throw in fun sales buzzwords like "bonus" or "free" for the tags to highlight them.

Because I'm in the habit of buying the bags every year, I know what I'm getting, but my friend just skimmed the listing and thought she'd get 70 bags. I totally understand that she should have read more carefully, but I also think the current practice of titling is a bit deceptive. Interestingly, after my friend mentioned this to me, I discovered that the "70 Piece Gift Bag Set" I just purchased was actually "32 drawstring gift bags, 32 gift tags, and six message tags," so I didn't even get three bags that I thought I bought.

So Q Crew, please consider renaming all the Kringle Express bag set listings to help your customers! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Kringle Express bags - list # of bags, not items

Agreed. I also love the bags, but you really have to read all of the details on these sets. What irked me is $5.50 to ship. I waited and ordered some on free shipping day last Saturday. No way I was going to pay that amount to ship them.

Esteemed Contributor

I like your username--I'm a Flyers girl, too! Woo hoo!

I don't typically complain much about shipping from QVC except for returns; the $5.50 is what it would cost me to ship the box of bags to someone across the country, so it seems "fair" enough, and QVC did away with all of its good shipping deals years ago (except on food, where all the prices are pretty marked up anyway). But I definitely took advantage of the free shipping day as well. Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

I ordered 2 sets on Free Shipping Day as well Smiley Happy I agree it would be nice if the item used the # of bags in the description.

Respected Contributor

I believe it is deliberately done to deceive.

Esteemed Contributor

@IMW wrote:

I believe it is deliberately done to deceive.

I actually just think it's a case of overhyping the value of a "set"—Temp-tations and other well-known names at the Q do the same thing. This approach makes it seem silly when presenters say "the total cost breaks down to 48 cents each," because that means it costs the same for a nice drawstring bag and a flimsy little square of paperboard (or it's the same cost for a handpainted ceramic baker and a plastic lid).

On the other hand, I appreciate that Lock & Lock does the opposite; if you buy a 10-piece set from them, it's 10 containers with 10 lids.

Honored Contributor

That's how I feel when HSN presents Huggable hangers and counts the clips and bows and bags which I don't think have anywhere near the value of a hanger.  Fell for that only once.  I want just hangers  -  so glad to find them all over nowadays for excellent prices.

Honored Contributor

It is beyond ridiculous that they count those cheap tags in the count for the product. 

It is misleading, and really makes QVC look cheap and shady when they do things like that. 

Yes, it is all in the description, but really, they just need to change the way they list them and get it over with.