Honored Contributor

Was just in Kohl's for a brief time this morning.  They had some fun harvest items, and a lot of sales and reductions.

I liked the oversize "mixed media" lanterns they had on sale.  They looked like reclaimed wood, combined with metal, and glass of course for the panes.  The wood mullions (is that the word-- strips of wood going horizontally and vertically across the glass?) were in a handsome grid pattern, looked vaguely Craftsman...

The other thing I susceptibly noticed were squirrels, the cutest little squirrels I've seen so far, each clutching a walnut or acorn or something....  But I must stay far away from them, far, far away (ha).

Honored Contributor

You are making me want to shop!

Respected Contributor

Re: KOHL'S FALL OFFERINGS

[ Edited ]

So much enabling going on here these days  ! 🎃😉

Trusted Contributor

Bought the squirrel holding an acorn (LED) from Cracker Barrel, may just have to go to Kohls and see if I can get him a buddy!  

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

That darn Kohl's, they JUST know when they send me 30% off, I bought some nice clothes (which I never buy there) and some great home furnishings for the fall.

Respected Contributor

I hardly ever go to Kohls because I have to go about 50 miles. I did look online and they do have some cute things - especially pillows at a reasonable price.

I did have some trouble with them a couple of years ago. I ordered some candle holders with an antler motif. They were made of ceramic. Well, they were shipped to me in a large brown envelope. Not even any padding or bebble wrap! Needless to say they were crushed to pieces. All I could think was "Morons!".

Honored Contributor

Good grief, @froggy, how could they have been so irresponsible?  That is inexcusable, and so disappointing to the customer when something arrives in smithereens due to negligence. 

Your mention of pillows reminded me that I also drooled over some comforters there on my way out.  Great mark-downs on really nice, high quality comforters, gorgeous colors, and we need some cozy new winter bedding, or so I tell myself...

Esteemed Contributor

@froggy

Same thing happened to me -- a box full of Christmas ceramics with no padding -- arrived in crumbs.

Kohl's was great about offering either to refund or send another.   Just be persistent.

Sorry about your candleholders, though!  It's disappointing when you pick up that box and hear glass rattling around  Cat Sad

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@froggy

Same thing happened to me -- a box full of Christmas ceramics with no padding -- arrived in crumbs.

Kohl's was great about offering either to refund or send another.   Just be persistent.

Sorry about your candleholders, though!  It's disappointing when you pick up that box and hear glass rattling around  Cat Sad

@Witchy Woman

Oh, I had no trouble with a refund but I didn't ask for a replacement. I just gave up and found something similar elsewhere. But I was so outraged I was sputtering. A paper envelope for ceramics? Really? There I go again just thinking about it.

Honored Contributor

Well, I wasn't sure if I'd make any Labor Day weekend acquisitions, but here's what got purchased, after agonizing.

Back at Kohl's, one of those wood, glass and iron lanterns.  I have a couple of other lanterns, but none that are large enough to look good standing on the floor.  What a big impact that makes.  Got this big lantern on sale for $24, after applying $10.00 Kohl's cash!  It looks great with one of my old Luminara pillars in it, very old world.

Kohl's fall 'potpourri'.  I almost can't stand that word any more since it got pirated for "bathroom freshener"!  Thanks a lot, QVC, ha.  But, any way, this "vase filler" is pretty, with lots of nuts, pods etc. in rich autumnal colors, with accents of gold twine ornaments mixed in, and a wooden word, "Thankful".  Dumped it all in a tall modern glass hurricane and the living room is now very gently scented in pumpkin, vanilla and cinnamon.  

Just pre-TSV, I picked up a smaller set of Lock & Lock in copper, to replenish our pitiful, crummy melange of plastic storage containers.  The only Lock and Lock I've ever had is the set of baskets, so am hoping for the best...