Respected Contributor

Re: KATE WINSLET'S COTTAGE IN "THE HOLIDAY"

Don't know why I enjoy this movie every time it is repeated.  I usually am not attracted to movies of this type.  Think it is good acting on all parties.

Esteemed Contributor

it’s one of my favorite movies and I too could move right into the little cottage. 

Esteemed Contributor

This is funny, but I LOVE Cameron Diaz's house so much better.  It much more my taste.

Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

BTW I loved the movie.  The playhouse the two little girls had was so sweet.  I loved when all four of them were lying in it.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

When I was younger I would have gone with Kate Winslet's cottage.  Today I prefer Cameron Diaz's home with modern conveniences.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell

Have you had a chance to see the movie yet?

I just spent the last couple of hours watching my DVD of it, and this time chose to listen to Nancy Meyers and some of her co-workers on the commentary portion.  It's a perfect movie for the very, very rainy day we're having today.

A question came up as to whether the characters would wear scarves indoors.  She shared that Kate Winslet told her she, Kate, has been known to wear scarves, gloves, hats, as well as, of course, a sweater, in the home she used to own in Cornwall.

Image result for the holiday movie

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

No, I've not yet, @GingerPeach.  Unfortunately, I have a bit of a backlog of movies to see, recorded and otherwise, going all the way back to "Mr. Buddwing" recorded back on the nineteenth.  But it'll definitely be on the roster at some point-- I must see more of that cottage, and even the sleeker California house too.

That's amusing about Kate Winslet-  veddy British, you know, and all that lack of central heating.   Scarves etc. come in mighty handy...

Right now I'm watching Stuart Whitman, psychiatric hospital escapee, on TCM menacing (but also intriguing) Joanne Woodward, who lives in a charming old restored English mill.  It even has the original paddlewheel going...