Valued Contributor

Re: Just wondering? Sell outs for VPH items

@Susan Louise 

Thank you so much for posting your pictures and your thoughts on the 3 ft and 5 ft glistening trees.  Seeing yours helped me very much.

Years ago I had strands of twinkle lights on our tree that gave the most lovely soft twinkle. I've been looking for strands like them, but can't find any that are not way too fast.

If possible, can you describe the speed of your flicker lights?  Is it very slow, or medium/fast. I know that's not easy to do. If you've seen the demonstration on the different trees QVC sells (Santas Best, Bethlehem Lights). Would you say the flickering on yours is anything like the twinkle effect on those trees? Faster or slower?

If you can't compare them, I completely understand. LOL.

Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CaliKat wrote:

@Susan Louise 

Thank you so much for posting your pictures and your thoughts on the 3 ft and 5 ft glistening trees.  Seeing yours helped me very much.

Years ago I had strands of twinkle lights on our tree that gave the most lovely soft twinkle. I've been looking for strands like them, but can't find any that are not way too fast.

If possible, can you describe the speed of your flicker lights?  Is it very slow, or medium/fast. I know that's not easy to do. If you've seen the demonstration on the different trees QVC sells (Santas Best, Bethlehem Lights). Would you say the flickering on yours is anything like the twinkle effect on those trees? Faster or slower?

If you can't compare them, I completely understand. LOL.

Thanks again.

@CaliKat  This is going to be a winded explanation...there is a reason for the madness...lol

Additionally, as you already know, describing light functions is not going to be easy. 

The flicker is a soft 'random' flicker...like a 'twinkle'...it's soothing to look at the trees because only every 5th or 6th bulb flickers...the rest don't. The bulbs that flicker do so independently of each other. I got the sets from Amazon and they are on the pricey side. They are not available just anywhere either. 

I bought several sets...8 or 10...no joke. I use 2 sets on our main tree in 'clear' and the 1 set on the 5' glistening tree. So you and others may be wondering why 8-10 sets?

For back-up's. I got 2 spare sets of the multi set for our 5' tree and 4 spare sets for our main tree. That may seem excessive to some, but since this type of lights are not always available, it is worth it to us getting all the extra sets.

There are no other flickering/twinkling lights we like...they are either too 'busy' have wierd or too fast flashing modes or it's just the old fashioned sets with using two flicker bulbs and half of the light set goes on and off.

Anyway...

Our main 6.5' tree has 3 sets of 100 'regular' clear lights. I strung them on the tree 1st from top to bottom. Then I added 2 sets of the white 100-ct 'random' flicker/twinkle lights from top to bottom on the tree. When looking at the tree it's as if the branches are blowing in the wind. Consider since it's about every 5th bulb flickers/twinkles on 2 sets of 100 lights, and I have 5 sets of 100 on the tree, only 35 to 40 lights flicker/twinkle...AND it's random. The 35 to 40 don't flash/flicker/twinkle at the same time...it is random.

On our 5' glistening tree only 1 set of 100 multi lights was needed and I made sure I added the set so it stretched from top to bottom on the tree.

I bought all our sets at Amazon. I just read a few of the reviews and I shake my head on some of them...the twinkle is gentle/random...not fast...and we are very pleased with these sets. Type the text in below in the search bar for the multi light set:

Vickerman 100 ct. Multi Mini Random Twinkle Lights with Green Wire 4 in spacing

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise 

You are very kind to take the time to give me such a detailed answer.  Thank you!   The lights you have sound like just what I want. Heart

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond to you.Today is the first time I've been here since I last posted, and I forgot all about my question to you.  My senior brain can't retain a thought for more than 2 seconds. If I don't write something down I forget all about it. 

I went to Amazon, but when I entered the descriptioin you gave me, it did not come up. Other Vickerman Lights did, but not the twinkling ones.  I'm very disappointed, I've been looking for slow twinkle lights for years.  I don't know why no one makes them anymore. They're so much prettier than the frenetic types that are common today.  Hopefully Vickerman will bring them back.

Thanks again!

ETA:  @Susan Louise 

I just googled the description and found a link to them on Amazon. I'm glad I didn't give up after I had no luck searching directly on Amazon. YAYYYYY!!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise 

You said, "On our 5' glistening tree only 1 set of 100 multi lights was needed and I made sure I added the set so it stretched from top to bottom on the tree."

Are you saying that you added 1 set of 100 multi lights to the 5' tree that already had other lights on it, or, are you saying that there are only the 100 lights you put on it, and no others?

ETA:

I realized that you're talking about the prelit tree, so it already had lights, and you added 100 more.

Does the tree in the picture you posted above have the added 100 light string, or was the picture taken before you added the 100 lights?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CaliKat  I'm glad you found the lights at Amazon Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CaliKat wrote:

@Susan Louise 

You said, "On our 5' glistening tree only 1 set of 100 multi lights was needed and I made sure I added the set so it stretched from top to bottom on the tree."

Are you saying that you added 1 set of 100 multi lights to the 5' tree that already had other lights on it, or, are you saying that there are only the 100 lights you put on it, and no others?

ETA:

I realized that you're talking about the prelit tree, so it already had lights, and you added 100 more.

Does the tree in the picture you posted above have the added 100 light string, or was the picture taken before you added the 100 lights?

@CaliKat  Yes...the 5' multi glistening tree shown in my pic has the 100 multi random flicker lights that I added.

Valued Contributor

@Susan Louise 

Thank you very much! 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

My niece has finally finished furnishing their beautiful home & with baby on the way -- excited to go all out decorating for Christmas this year.

We've been watching "long distance" together VPH shows & making her "wish list".  (I have given her many of my beautiful VPH pedestals, trees, etc.)

Things sell out quickly and years past I've never paid much attention --just wondering does new supply come in again before holidays?  Or is now the best time to act quickly?

Thank you🤶🎅🏻🎄

(ps: I'll be up there for a month after baby born so we can also shop the regular stores esp. Hobby Lobby!)

@homedecor1   Zulily offers some beautiful items, and it is just beginning to show Christmas and Fall decor.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

thank you!!  I don't shop Zuillily and my niece and I have decided to shop traditional stores vs. paying for s/h and not liking the pieces.