Honored Contributor

Just wondering? Sell outs for VPH items

[ Edited ]

My niece has finally finished furnishing their beautiful home & with baby on the way -- excited to go all out decorating for Christmas this year.

We've been watching "long distance" together VPH shows & making her "wish list".  (I have given her many of my beautiful VPH pedestals, trees, etc.)

Things sell out quickly and years past I've never paid much attention --just wondering does new supply come in again before holidays?  Or is now the best time to act quickly?

Thank you🤶🎅🏻🎄

(ps: I'll be up there for a month after baby born so we can also shop the regular stores esp. Hobby Lobby!)

Honored Contributor

Re: Just wondering? Sell outs for VPH items

[ Edited ]

To me, it varies...

Some decor I feel I need to get ASAP because I know they will sell out fast and won't be restocked.

In the past, other pieces of decor I would wait til they are available 'as is'...and even others I am usually able to guess will be available for another month or two.

For example, today I ordered the 'bronze' holy family w/cathedral mirrors and the 3' glistening tree in multi. The holy family I expect to sell out tonight...or close to it, and as for the 3' glistening tree, the 3' size usually sells out 1st before the taller tree options.

Both the peace nativity and the 3' glistening trees were not restocked after they sold out last year. That particular peace nativity never came back and the 3' glistening trees didn't get restocked til this year. Another thing to take into consideration is one can't count on certain pieces being restocked. As for the 3' tree, I wanted another one before they sold out again this year. Who knows when they will stop being available/or return.

If it's something you absolutely love...get it. I've read many posts over the years of folks having regrets and waiting to get 'whatever' and they had to go without.

Honored Contributor

If you see something and you both love it.....I would go on and purchase it or get on a waitlist if they have one.
Honored Contributor

It’s been my experience that the items that I want the most aren’t restocked. 😂 seriously though many of her items don’t come back at all and some don’t come back until next year. There are some staples that get restocked for example some of her pedestals. But I agree if there’s something you really like you need to get it when you see it or keep checking back to see if some comes back in stock right after the show (canceled orders) or check for “as is”.
Valued Contributor

@Susan Louise 

I was thinking about getting the 3' glistening pine tree. Do you think it is easy to decorate with hanging ball ornaments, or, is there not enough room between branches for them to hang freely?

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   I think she doesn't bring in many of each item, so maybe the sell outs will be back later.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CaliKat wrote:

@Susan Louise 

I was thinking about getting the 3' glistening pine tree. Do you think it is easy to decorate with hanging ball ornaments, or, is there not enough room between branches for them to hang freely?

@CaliKat  IMHO, I don't think balls would hang nicely on the 3' tree. You can probably decorate it with tucking in a bird or two, but the one I used last year I didn't decorate at all. Honestly didn't think it needed a thing...beautiful as is.

Our 5' multi I only added a strand of 100 'random' flicker multi lights and a couple of antique/vintage glass bead garlands I bought on EBay. Many of the beads are over 100 yrs old. I added the string of lights because I felt the multi light tree needed more light and I wanted to add the random flicker. As for the 3' clear light tree, no extra lights were needed...it is bright enough Smiley Happy

There are also pine cones on the trees to add interest too. Here are the pics of both...

P4820187.JPG

P4820159.JPG

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone!  Honestly, the "wish list" is growing but as I explained to her (because I've done the same) everything looks beautiful but she must keep in mind it's a big studio and "staged perfectly".  and $$$$$$

Some of her "groupings" to can be replicated from items found in other stores (except perhaps lighted items) at 1/2 of price w/o s&h.

We took some pics of what she likes.

Neither of us wants to do ez pays for months & s/h adds up.  We will see in a few days if there are any items she really wants.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 What is VPH items ?

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou 

sorry - Valerie Parr Hill

😁