Honored Contributor

Just a thought since it's almost time for decorating...batteries😳

[ Edited ]

Love all my Fall/Holiday lighted items but boy battery prices are rising!  I was in Sams today and bought my batteries.

Yikes almost $100  yet cheaper than other places.

PS: I only use Duracell because last year I tried "dollar store", RayOVac, Walgreens, etc. because they were cheaper -- many leaked & ruined a few of my VPH pieces🙁

Honored Contributor

Re: Just a thought since it's almost time for decorating...batteries😳

@homedecor1  Probably due to the flameless candle craze.

Valued Contributor

check  amazon  I love the little glass pumpkins but the battery life is awful  I bought 60 c2450 for 20.oo

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1, thanks for the heads up on Sam's battery prices. Good to save some $$. 

I'm reaching my limit with battery operated illuminated decor. When I buy a piece now, it has to look just as good unlit as it does when it's lit or I won't buy it. The majority of the pieces I already have now do not get lit, with the exception of my flameless candles, Luminara etc. I make exception for the Christmas season and splurge on batteries then. Otherwise, I'm getting tired of spending $$ on batteries and having to dispose of the dead batteries. 

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1I sure do know what you mean about the battery prices. We buy ours at Costco and have found that those prices are pretty much the best. We also give our children batteries at Christmas, because I've given them so many illuminated things these past few years. We have battery operated candles in the windows and throughout the house and enjoy that "colonial" look so much! They bring us such satisfaction and joy, it's worth the cost to us. We decorate more with "light" than with objects.

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Love all my Fall/Holiday lighted items but boy battery prices are rising!  I was in Sams today and bought my batteries.

Yikes almost $100  yet cheaper than other places.

PS: I only use Duracell because last year I tried "dollar store", RayOVac, Walgreens, etc. because they were cheaper -- many leaked & ruined a few of my VPH pieces🙁

I've found the Duracell aren't any different than Ray-0-Vac, etc.....  I've had many Duracell batteries lately that have leaked (new and improved?).....I think I had three flashlights and a clock ruined within the last year....I used to buy Duracell exclusively, but not anymore.....(I now buy Eveready gold or Energizer) ..... so be aware... they're not like they used to be.... just my experience.....

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1-

I invested in rechargeable batteries and a battery charger (that charges AAA-D) so I never have to buy batteries.

I originally got the charger and batteries at Walmart but now its hard to find the charger for all and any batteries over a dbl A.

You can really save lots of money this way

and you'll always have batteries ready!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

I used to buy really expensive batteries. At the end of the season I would take out them out and use them in the next seasons items. I  thought why am I  doing this?  So now I  buy the dollar store batteries and they last just that long.

Respected Contributor

With the price of batteries, a cord and plug looks better and better, especially the low cost of LEDs.

Valued Contributor

I buy my batteries from CVS, when they have a buy one get one free.  They don't do this as often as I would like - but I do stock up on their batteries when they are on sale.  Their batteries are as good as (or better)than the name brand batterioes.  Some I bought 3 years ago are still working fine (Valerie's angels)...