Respected Contributor

Re: Just a thought since it's almost time for decorating...batteries😳

[ Edited ]

I started buying Rayovac last year after seeing a story on our local news about an alarm clock that got stuck in a wall and the alarm was still going off after 7 years.  The batteries in the clock were Rayovac.  I've found they last longer than other brands.  

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

I started buying Rayovac last year after seeing a story on our local news about an alarm clock that got stuck in a wall and the alarm was still going off after 7 years.  The batteries in the clock were Rayovac.  I've found they last longer than other brands.  

@FranandZoe  LOL, I guess so!

Super Contributor

@ptagirl I refuse to buy Duracell.. For years, that's the only brand I bought; flash forward to four yrs ago, they leaked and ruined so many of my VPH ITEMS..

I CALLED THEM & I TOLD THEM I WANTED TO BE RE-IMBURSSED FOR MY ITEMS 

I got a check for $75.. CHEAP CINA JUNK..

I NOW BUY, EVERREADY GOLD & SO FAR SO GOOD..

Frequent Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Love all my Fall/Holiday lighted items but boy battery prices are rising!  I was in Sams today and bought my batteries.

Yikes almost $100  yet cheaper than other places.

PS: I only use Duracell because last year I tried "dollar store", RayOVac, Walgreens, etc. because they were cheaper -- many leaked & ruined a few of my VPH pieces🙁

If you find that your batteries leaked , before tossing your item,  My dad taught me to use baking soda and a tooth brush to scrub the the acid off and let dry.  So far I haven't lost anything that was leaked on or in.  I hope this helps you for next time it happens.

Trusted Contributor

@classic wrote:

@ptagirl I refuse to buy Duracell.. For years, that's the only brand I bought; flash forward to four yrs ago, they leaked and ruined so many of my VPH ITEMS..

I CALLED THEM & I TOLD THEM I WANTED TO BE RE-IMBURSSED FOR MY ITEMS 

I got a check for $75.. CHEAP CINA JUNK..

I NOW BUY, EVERREADY GOLD & SO FAR SO GOOD..

Same here. Duracell was always my battery of choice until a couple of years ago when supposedly fresh Duracell batteries began leaking and corroding on everything I put them in. I switched over to Energizer Max and haven't had a problem since. 

Honored Contributor

My DH feels Amazon has the best price for batteries. We have to stock up for Christmas stuff.

Contributor

Before i found dollar tree i was spending a fortune in batteries.They last just as long as the Duracell.

Honored Contributor

thank you everyone for the info on other batteries.  I am going to try RayOVac or Energizer again.  

If I can save some $$ and get the same result I'm in!

thank you😊😊😊

Super Contributor

• @ptagirl:: Everything is now made in China..  Cheap China garbage!! 
Contributor

For corrosion on items from batteries, all I do is get some apple cider vinegar and a q-tip and clean the inside of the battery compartment. It easily dissolves the corrosion like it was never there. I have never lost an item due to corrosion since learning about how avc works so well for this. Dry the compartment afterwards and it is fine. Smiley Happy