Trusted Contributor

Wow, that was quick! The snowmen were my favorite.

Respected Contributor

@AngieinLA wrote:

@BornToShop Canceled or cancelled is the past tense of the verb to cancel. Both spellings are correct; Americans favor canceled (one L), while cancelled (two Ls) is preferred in British English and other dialects.  

I am glad you are happy with the TSV. 

@AngieinLA @You made my day!  Hope you have a happy & safe 4th tomorrow!

Trusted Contributor

My lanterns arrived today also.  I ordered the Santa and the carolers.  I was concerned that the painting of the faces might have those Mr. Christmas dot eyes, but these were nicely done.  The lamppost in the carolers one isn't exactly vertical, but it isn't that noticeable behind the carolers.  The light is a warn light. They really sparkle.   I'm testing the timers out now.  I saw these type of lanterns last year in higher end gift stores with a price tag of $50 and up.  I think these are a good value - hopefully the motors will last.

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop  and @luvmybeetle The word can be spelled either way, cancelled or canceled.  

Respected Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@BornToShop  and @luvmybeetle The word can be spelled either way, cancelled or canceled.  

@rockygems123 @Tell that to @luvmybeetle 

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I ordered the church/nativity and it came yesterday.  It was leaking the liquid that's inside the lantern.  Sent back.  Not asking for replacement.  It was nice but not worth the hassle. 

By-the-way, @BornToShop   cancelled is spelled with 2 L's.

Mi apollogeez @luvmybeetle 

Geez is right...or maybe a couple of other choice words. Woman Mad 

Respected Contributor

@AngieinLA wrote:

@BornToShop Canceled or cancelled is the past tense of the verb to cancel. Both spellings are correct; Americans favor canceled (one L), while cancelled (two Ls) is preferred in British English and other dialects.  

I am glad you are happy with the TSV. 

I am American and have never in my many decades of life spelled cancelled with one L.

Contributor

I received mine today too. The Gingerbread house. . I just didn't love it in person like I thought I would when I saw it on the presentation. It reminded me of a cheap snow globe, the gingerbread figueres so very tiny......it's going back. Glad you are happy with yours !

Respected Contributor

I grew up spelling it with two "l's".  There was some rule about doubling the consonant at the end of a word when adding "ing" or "ed".

However, somewhere it got changed and according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary canceled and canceling is the preferred way of spelling because it is listed first.

I would put a link but I know they are not allowed.

Valued Contributor

@BornToShop : Omg! this post was about you getting your TSV. And it has turned into a spelling bee. You go ahead and spell cancel anyway you want. I spell it like this Cancelado Woman Wink