Honored Contributor

Re: Just Got My Gingerbread Luminary!

@DecorDiva wrote:

I got mine today.  The brown glazing could be a little more evenly applied.  The house has a little notch in it that fits over a "bump" in the base and when they are aligned, the house and base fit together with no gaps.  I really like the unique design.  Let's hope I like the scents of the candles as well.

@BornToShop  I thought @DecorDiva post might help you find the right placement for your house on the base.

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop Thanks for the picture.  I'm looking forward to seeing this piece in person.

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop, I'm so glad you love yours.  I hope you can figure out how to make it sit correctly on its base.  Fingers crossed that you also love the white house you ordered.  

My GB house is broken along the bottom edge.  The box was dented pretty badly, so no telling what it had to endure.  I'm returning it because the break is not so huge or complex that I think it will harm anyone unpacking it at the facility. 

I know I'm way too picky about many things, but the condition of the ceramic and the painting leaves a lot to be desired on my house.  Lots of rough patches with no glaze, prickly areas rather than it having a smooth feeling, cuts or slices in the ceramic, and then there's the painting that I feel is just too sloppy.  

On the positive side, I liked the included Candy Cane Kisses candle very much, which surprised me.  The candle smelled very icy/minty/crisp with just a little sweetness, unlike Slatkin Twisted Peppermint, which to me smelled sweeter and a bit buttery. 

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR If I remember, Twisted Peppermint had a vanilla note which took away some of the crispness that I think of for minty candles.

Respected Contributor

Looks beautiful. Maybe a small piece of foam would make it sit evenly. Good luck getting it even. How is the painting job on it?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I couldn't wait til my day off tomorrow to open up the other Luminary, & oh my...love this!  It sits correctly on the base & the candle is awesome!  Thank you @DecorDiva @lucymo for the tip, it worked On the Gingerbread luminary!  @SHOPR, can't believe you got a broken one.  Are you replacing it?  The painting is excellent on mine; once again I lucked out as I did with the Illuminated Pip Berry Tree.  I am also loving my other Luminary!  Keepers for me. I realize great luck runs it course.  I hold my breath every time UPS knocks on my door, lol.  

IMG_0192.JPG

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

I couldn't wait til my day off tomorrow to open up the other Luminary, & oh my...love this!  It sits correctly on the base & the candle is awesome!  Thank you @DecorDiva @lucymo for the tip, it worked!  @SHOPR, can't believe you got a broken one.  Are you replacing it?  The painting is excellent on mine; once again I lucked out as I did with the Illuminated Pip Berry Tree.  I am also loving my other Luminary!  Keepers for me. I realize great luck runs it course.  I hold my breath every time UPS knocks on my door, lol.  

IMG_0192.JPG

That looks so pretty!

Respected Contributor

Btw, the staging area I take the pics of are in my WomanCave bathroom.  I do so to show the back via my mirror.  I will post pics once the decorating begins.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop, You lucky girl, getting all keepers! So happy for you!

I'm not going to reorder the GB house, but I will consider getting the Wishes and Kisses candle duo whenever a free ship day or sale comes around, if it's available.  

I dug out my old Slatkin GB house to see how the new one compared, and I have a renewed fondness of the old one now!  So it's all good.  :-)

Respected Contributor

I also got the white version. It is beautiful. I have 3 other houses when they were at QVC and B&BW. This is perhaps1/3 larger and the candle is larger as well. They will all mesh well though as they are the same theme and glaze.