Honored Contributor

Re: Just Curious -- Sold Out Items -- No "Waitlist" - CIJ

In the past, sold out items this early in the season often did come back, and I'm not sure if it is because QVC limits the release to keep the interest up, or they actually can get more from a supplier sometimes. 

My guess is that a lot of sold out items this year will remain as such, lack of supply being an issue. 

What I did notice is that especially with the gingy stuff, one line would sell out completely in the visit, but later in the season, there were lots of other very similar collections, so missing one set of offerings didn't preclude you from getting a lot of other very similar stuff.

I'm guessing it would be a smart thing if QVC would limit and stagger the release of things they know are going to be sell outs, to keep people tuning in and hoping an item 'comes back in', simply because I would think their inventory is going to be lower on many things this year based on those things you said not to mention (so I won't!!!!LOL).

Respected Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
VPH said there is a bunch of new stuff that hasn’t even been shown yet. This was only the first day. They don’t release everything at once. A few items sold out may be back in stock before the holidays but I expect most will not. VPH stuff in particular always has lots of sell-outs.

I ordered the red and green gum drop tree yesterday and the girl told me they were sold out, also was watching on my computer,and they too said they were sold out. Just now this morning they are up and I ordered it.??????????????

Respected Contributor

It’s possible some items may reappear in inventory but not be enough to be shown again on air. If there are items you are interested in, check online from time to time. The only thing risked is getting a return which may or may not bother you.