Respected Contributor

Re: Jus a start on what I've been doing

@Mominohio wrote:

20161127_132457.jpg

@Mominohio - I know we're sharing Christmas decor, but want to say I love your Tiffany lamp.

Love your vignettes, you have a real touch with your decorating.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

20161127_132457.jpg

@Mominohio - I know we're sharing Christmas decor, but want to say I love your Tiffany lamp.

Love your vignettes, you have a real touch with your decorating.

@Buck-i-Nana

Thank You!! I've had it for quite some time, it is from Q, back in the day when they used to do a lot of Tiffany Inspired Lighting shows. I really do miss those. 

I have at least one of their lamps (many are those really small accent lamps) in just about every room in the house. 

When I watch TV or movies, I'm always looking at decor, and the one thing I notice is how Tiffany style lamps are used in all different kinds/styles of decor. I think they are such fun and add a great texture and color effect to just about any room.

I so wish Q would revisit some of the things they used to show on air. How about a few Tiffany shows, and put the Dyson vacuums in the closet for awhile!!?

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio - I have one or two from the Q from way back as well.  I also have a couple from EVINE.  They have some beautiful ones as well as Tiffany style window panels that often tempt me so.

I've had two broken by grandkids and puppy playing too rough.  Broke my heart.  I've got a lead on a stained glass artist locally who may be able to repair them, so I'm holding on to them with fingers crossed.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

this little display is beside my desk, and it just warms my heart. My son bought me the basket when he was younger, and the picture just a couple of years ago, both as Christmas gifts. I leave it out all winter too, even though the picture says Christams on it. 20161127_151528.jpg

@Mominohio, The way you've decorated this chair gives me ideas for a lone chair in my dining room corner.  Love this.  I'm really enjoying looking at all of the pictures this year.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

this little display is beside my desk, and it just warms my heart. My son bought me the basket when he was younger, and the picture just a couple of years ago, both as Christmas gifts. I leave it out all winter too, even though the picture says Christams on it. 20161127_151528.jpg

@Mominohio, The way you've decorated this chair gives me ideas for a lone chair in my dining room corner.  Love this.  I'm really enjoying looking at all of the pictures this year.  :-)

@SHOPR

Funny thing about these little odd chairs I have around my house. I have about four different ones, and they are just tucked in spaces that other people would most likely leave empty (and I probably should uncomplicate my life and do the same!LOL). I bought them back when I got my first house (found them here and there at thrift stores for a couple of dollars each). I was super poor, and had very little furniture to fill my house, and these seemed to fill some space. I always have some kind of little thing going on with them, decorating them for a season, or sitting something on them. I've grown quite fond of them, and like the alternative to a stand or table.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio
I'm trying to catch up on posts. Thought for sure I responded to this thread already, apparently not.

Anyway, beautiful vignettes, especially love the all white display and the snowman display. Love your style!!
Esteemed Contributor

Lovely!

I'm so impressed at how much time, effort and thought women put into dressing up their homes.

It all looks so personal and pretty.

Just right for the holiday!