Honored Contributor

@KailaS wrote:

i had another Jim Shore Halloween cat for about seven years.  As much as I loved it, I only kept it out a short time.  Most of the time it sat in my storage area.  I finally had to give it away.  The same with a witch I loved.  Naturally, the cat in the email has great appeal, but I need to have items that I can use and not store.  But I really love that cat.  Smiley Happy

@KailaS  Items can be left out as long as one wants them to, so if I love something, I get it with that in mind.

Honored Contributor

I like so many of Jim Shore's pieces. I keep saying I'm not going to buy anymore but I can't stop lol. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Jim Shore fans

[ Edited ]

@MTH wrote:

@crazycockermom  I had to do it.  You were right about the price. About $82 with shipping and tax.  I ordered it early this morning.  I don't do much Halloween decorating as we have no children and most of the families in our neighborhood are grown and gone, but I have 2 older JS witches and will now add this cat to my stash.  Other than that, Fall for us in South Florida mostly involves what everyone does inside their homes. Not much Fall weather here so I like to do something that shows the seasons still exist.  LOL.  

@MTH @crazycockermom @mousiegirl

Here I was all proud of myself because I had cleared out some stuff in my storage room off my patio....and was making some real headway in purgin.....But one look at that cat----It looks just like my real kitties, so how could I not get it....Cat LOL Cat Wink  Yep, I caved.....

In Texas we do much like y'all do in Florida......Normally the weather does cool down a bit in October....but nowhere near like it does in the Northeast and other parts of the U.S., but everyone here goes all out in decorating for fall or Halloween and Christmas and outside and inside to create the seasons!!!! But my neighborhood is much like yours----mostly middle age folks and perhaps a grandkid will visit once in awhile but thats it.....Most just put up a wreath outside and some pumpkins, maybe mums, and sometimes Scarecrows.....  But some neighborhoods create a whole haunted Halloween forest or graveyard etc.....

I just have a wreath and a pumpkin outside and decorate a bit for fall on the inside.....I have a few Jim Shore Halloween cats and a couple of Harvest angels......I only have 2 Halloween vintage look items (black cats and pumpkins).....But I know the perfect place for my new JS black cat.. I'll put her out in September when I decorate for fall the day after Labor Day...And then in November I will replace it with a large JS angel I bought a few years ago........

ENJOY YOUR Jim Shore Cat!!  Cat LOL

Image result for cat in witch hat

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor
@Spurt
You purged so you would have room for the cat! Sounds like you have a perfect place planned for it too. I think mine will go on the hearth. I’d love to put it outside by the front door but I don’t dare. I just don’t know what goes on when I’m not around if you know what I mean. Knock on wood we’ve never had problems, but I don’t want my $70+ adorable cat disappearing!

Outside I’ll put fall wreaths on my doors and the desert steel pumpkins I have. Inside will be various pumpkins, pinecones, etc. Just enough to make it feel like fall. I’ll probably put it all out Labor Day weekend since I’ll have the time then. And the cat will stay with my harvest decor until I decorate for Christmas. The cat will be the only harvest decor I have of Jim’s, so far.

The little cat/witch you posted is cute. Do you have that piece?
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@Spurt
You purged so you would have room for the cat! Sounds like you have a perfect place planned for it too. I think mine will go on the hearth. I’d love to put it outside by the front door but I don’t dare. I just don’t know what goes on when I’m not around if you know what I mean. Knock on wood we’ve never had problems, but I don’t want my $70+ adorable cat disappearing!

Outside I’ll put fall wreaths on my doors and the desert steel pumpkins I have. Inside will be various pumpkins, pinecones, etc. Just enough to make it feel like fall. I’ll probably put it all out Labor Day weekend since I’ll have the time then. And the cat will stay with my harvest decor until I decorate for Christmas. The cat will be the only harvest decor I have of Jim’s, so far.

The little cat/witch you posted is cute. Do you have that piece?

@crazycockermom

People are so mean nowadays and theft of holiday decorations is becoming a common occurrence so I wouldnt put anything of real value outside.  Someone here even had a 4th of July eagle and a flag stolen that was put outside in honor of their son who had died in Afghanistan---so sad, they were on the news asking for the thieves to return the flag ... Woman Sad

It sounds like your house will be nicely decorated for the fall season........

Watch out---Jim's seasonal stuff is addicting, and he's so creative and comes out with new stuff that's irresistible... Smiley Wink

Yep, I got that mini Halloween cat quite awhile ago at QVC...I checked and the website said :

We're sorry.This item is not available at this time.

Here's the presentation---

https://www.qvc.com/Jim-Shore-Heartwood-Creek-Halloween-Character-Mini-Figurine.product.H206105.html

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@JPC
Yes,the price isn’t bad for such a large piece. In case you didn’t see my other post, I already caved. 😊

@crazycockermom...enjoy our cat, it is a really cool piece.  I am waiting for a big snowman to go with my other big snowmen. 

JPC

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@crazycockermom@Just Plain Crazy@Spurt@mousiegirl

Received my cat this week and it is adorable. I noticed some reviewers said they had received it broken which is so unusual for JS items. I hope they able to get a replacement.  

Just a reminder that I believe JS is on tomorrow morning with another Christmas show. 6 AM EST.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MTH wrote:

Received my cat this week and it is adorable. I noticed some reviewers said they had received it broken which is so unusual for JS items. I hope they able to get a replacement.  

Just a reminder that I believe JS is on tomorrow morning with another Christmas show. 6 AM EST.  

@MTH 

I got my kitty yesterday.  I inspected her and she was perfect...or should I say PURRFCT and so cute! Cat Very HappyCat Wink

Sorry to hear some people's cats arrived broken Cat Sad

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@MTH 

I got my kitty yesterday.  I inspected her and she was perfect...or should I say PURRFCT and so cute! Cat Very HappyCat Wink

@Spurt  Saw your response to Mousie in the other thread and had to laugh that one of your kitties checked out the JS cat.  Must have thought it was invading the house.  LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MTH wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@MTH 

@Spurt  Saw your response to Mousie in the other thread and had to laugh that one of your kitties checked out the JS cat.  Must have thought it was invading the house.  LOL

@MTH

She probably thought---OH NO!!!...NOT ANOTHER CAT (she's not to fond of her younger "sister" as it is)
and is probably thinking--they''ll be less toys and treats for her...LOL!