Trusted Contributor

Re: Jim Shore TSV Santa has arrived.

[ Edited ]

Got my Santa today too. He is lovely.  I have another very large Santa of Jim's that I got last year so now I have to find someplace for 2 of them.  Such problems to have...LOL.  I hope everyone enjoys their pieces.

Respected Contributor

@151949  -  Good to hear about the Santa.  I got that one too on Auto Delivery.  My Santa should be delivered tomorrow, saw he was transferred to the post office.  I can't wait to see him!

Respected Contributor

I was going to get the Santa but talked myself out of it. Now I of course wish I had bought it. Oh well. Glad you love yours. Enjoy!!
Respected Contributor

@151949  -  My Santa just arrived, and he's GORGEOUS!!!  I can't believe how beautiful and big it is, definately a statement piece.  Can't wait to see the witch for Halloween!

Trusted Contributor

Mine's at the post office so I should get  him tomorrow!  Can't wait - i'm putting him out now and enjoying him through Christmas.  Glad to hear you loved him!

Honored Contributor

Ours is currently sitting on top of our Duraflame heater. He looks great there, and that is right beside where we put our tree, so most likely that will be his spot at Christmas. Now I have to find somewhere to store him til then.

Honored Contributor

Every year I buy angel hair to set my Cracker Barrel glitter angel on so this year I think I'll put some under this Santa as well.

Trusted Contributor

I got mine and I'm thrilled with it!  The detail is extraordinary and I love the massive size of it.  The one thing I don't like is the light bulb in the lantern - it's way too bright and irritating on the eyes.  I'm so looking forward to getting the other pieces of the Autodelivery, especially the Witch! 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I finally opened up my Santa.  I am so glad I bought him, but he is huge and I don't know how I will store him.  I had some trouble with putting the lantern on, but I finally figured it out.

Frequent Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Gosh they put him in a huge box, but the actual Santa is not huge, though he is large. He is just lovely and worth every cent.I always like Jim Shore's pieces. I'll have to try him in several places to decide where he will land.He's a wonderful addition to my Santa collection.

We got rid of that too big box and found a better one to keep him in. The Santa is 21" the box was about 4 ft long. At the base he is about 7" in diameter so big enough to be stable , not toppling over. I was a little concerned about that because he's so tall.

They must have fixed the box issue after the first batch was sent out because my box was just the right size with styrofoam to protect him during shipping.  I was expecting a huge box after reading your review.  He is impressive.  My baby grandson actually came up to him,  sat down and kissed Santas beard.  Then he wanted to play with the lantern so up on the shelf Santa went till I could box him up again.