Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,151
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Jill's Facebook posting......

@lucymo if the gold sleigh is made the same way as last year's sleigh you may be disappointed in the antique gold color. It looked gaudy to me as I ordered the silver (which in my opinion is more of a champagne silver) and the gold sleighs. The gold was a bright gold color not muted. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,151
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Jill's Facebook posting......

I was one of the people that got a broken gold sleigh and I returned it for a full refund. I would not have kept it either because of how bright the gold was. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,151
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Jill's Facebook posting......


@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

The sleigh is up! I ordered the silver one to go with my larger sleigh (Lisa presented in her show last year). It will make the perfect companion to the larger sleigh. I am passing on the porcelain lighted sleigh from kringle express. I may get the polar bears as they are too cute.


 

@BabyYoda  Is the sleigh this year smaller than the one Lisa Robertson had last year?  I thought they looked about the same but don't have the measurements on last years.


@lucymo I went through my order history from last year and Lisa's sleigh last year item number is H203780 and measures 7"H x 13-1/2"L x 6-1/4"W

 

This new one I ordered measures 8-1/2"H x 12"L x 5-1/2"W hmmm which seems around the same size but a little smaller. I read Jill's post on facebook stating that it is smaller than last years sleigh and made from the same manufacturer. 

 

I am glad I checked the measurements. 


@BabyYoda  Thanks, looks like this years sleigh is a little taller but shorter in length and width.  It will work for me.  I'm thinking the lit white porcelain sleigh may be even smaller than these, don't you?


Yes @lucymo the white sleigh looks so small in that video. Not liking all the silver glitter on it either when not lit. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,197
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

Re: Jill's Facebook posting......


@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo if the gold sleigh is made the same way as last year's sleigh you may be disappointed in the antique gold color. It looked gaudy to me as I ordered the silver (which in my opinion is more of a champagne silver) and the gold sleighs. The gold was a bright gold color not muted. 


@BabyYoda  I'm hoping it's more antiqued gold than that bright gold from last year.  I just don't want silver anymore.  I'll return it if I don't like it.  Hope you like yours though.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,197
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

Re: Jill's Facebook posting......


@BabyYoda wrote:

I was one of the people that got a broken gold sleigh and I returned it for a full refund. I would not have kept it either because of how bright the gold was. 


@BabyYoda  I didn't order the sleigh last year because I didn't like the brassy gold color that showed in the picture.  Lucky for you that it was broken, saved return charges.  lol

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,151
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Jill's Facebook posting......


@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo if the gold sleigh is made the same way as last year's sleigh you may be disappointed in the antique gold color. It looked gaudy to me as I ordered the silver (which in my opinion is more of a champagne silver) and the gold sleighs. The gold was a bright gold color not muted. 


@BabyYoda  I'm hoping it's more antiqued gold than that bright gold from last year.  I just don't want silver anymore.  I'll return it if I don't like it.  Hope you like yours though.  Thanks.


@lucymo I hope your gold one is more antiqued gold color. Looking forward to your review. My order is still processing.from yesterday morning. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,643
Registered: ‎07-30-2014

Re: Jill's Facebook posting......

I'm a little concerned about the glitter on the sleigh, too.  All the other illuminated, white porcelain items this season are glitter-free, so there is potential for it to look a bit off when matched with everything else.  Also, there is also a risk that the glitter could be unevenly distriubted.  Does anyone know anything else about these alleged reindeer?  I seem to recall that they were going to be white porcelain, but do we kow if they will be illuminated?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,197
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

Re: Jill's Facebook posting......


@PeterDM wrote:

I'm a little concerned about the glitter on the sleigh, too.  All the other illuminated, white porcelain items this season are glitter-free, so there is potential for it to look a bit off when matched with everything else.  Also, there is also a risk that the glitter could be unevenly distriubted.  Does anyone know anything else about these alleged reindeer?  I seem to recall that they were going to be white porcelain, but do we kow if they will be illuminated?


@PeterDM  I think the glitter cheapens the look of the white porcelain.  I love all white because it will work with whatever color you're using, silver or gold.  If Jill hadn't said the sleigh and reindeer would be in the show, I would think we all imagined that are reindeer coming.  No pictures or mention of them other than Jill's answer.  We may have struck out again.  lol

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,197
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

Re: Jill's Facebook posting......


@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo if the gold sleigh is made the same way as last year's sleigh you may be disappointed in the antique gold color. It looked gaudy to me as I ordered the silver (which in my opinion is more of a champagne silver) and the gold sleighs. The gold was a bright gold color not muted. 


@BabyYoda  I'm hoping it's more antiqued gold than that bright gold from last year.  I just don't want silver anymore.  I'll return it if I don't like it.  Hope you like yours though.  Thanks.


@lucymo I hope your gold one is more antiqued gold color. Looking forward to your review. My order is still processing.from yesterday morning. 


@BabyYoda  I will post back when I receive the gold sleigh.  I don't know if that's silver glitter  or antiquing on it.  I'll find out when it comes.  :-)

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,662
Registered: ‎10-18-2012

Re: Jill's Facebook posting......


@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

I'm a little concerned about the glitter on the sleigh, too.  All the other illuminated, white porcelain items this season are glitter-free, so there is potential for it to look a bit off when matched with everything else.  Also, there is also a risk that the glitter could be unevenly distriubted.  Does anyone know anything else about these alleged reindeer?  I seem to recall that they were going to be white porcelain, but do we kow if they will be illuminated?


@PeterDM  I think the glitter cheapens the look of the white porcelain.  I love all white because it will work with whatever color you're using, silver or gold.  If Jill hadn't said the sleigh and reindeer would be in the show, I would think we all imagined that are reindeer coming.  No pictures or mention of them other than Jill's answer.  We may have struck out again.  lol


@lucymo  Im gonna pass this info onto JPC. She is really wanting the sleigh but maybe she should check out the video first. Thanks for the info.