Honored Contributor

Re: Jill's Facebook posting......

[ Edited ]

@rosehill wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

Looking at the photos in Jill's blog, that sleigh is way too small for my decorating needs. I don't see silver glitter on it, it looks like white glitter which is good for everyone else ordering it. 

Nothing else in in her photos interests me. I have so many of the glitter picks from last year, so I don't anymore. 

I am hoping to see something not mentioned that is shown tonight. I will be tuning in!

@BabyYoda~ I don't think I will be ordering the white sleigh, either. I looked at all the videos and photos available, and the white sleigh looks really small. But, if someone has a small area they are decorating, it would work very well. I do like the antiqued silver sleigh and the champagne bottle brush trees, but don't think I will be ordering. There are some nice items available for those who need holiday decor.  I don't, however, fall into that category, LOL!

@rosehill@BabyYoda  Have you seen the white santa?  I really like him but don't know if I will order anything.  Rose, I'm like you, overrun with Christmas decor.  I've been ordering some of the lit garlands in 'as is' and so far all are working fine.  They are good to mix in with vignettes or other displays and not a big storage problem either.  I'll be watching the show, some nice items have shown already.

@lucymo~ good morning!  I saw one Santa photo on Jill's facebook page, but now I am reading in another thread (can't remember where I saw it now, that there are 2 Santas). I saw an all white one which was nice. I do love the white holiday decor that has been showing up.  I use white decor in my dining room. It isn't a formal dining room- it adjoins my kitchen. Over the years, I have collected a penquin family (7 pieces I think), large white ice blocks that I have some of them stand on, & Valeries large white lighted set/3 balls which look like large snowballs. I use silver and white accents on the dining table. They sit on Linda Danos square faceted glass mirrors like the ones that Valerie has now. I also have an old Bethlehem Lights tabletop tree with large acrylic ice crystals on the branches that Ieave out year around. So, I have pretty much moved to all whie decor in that room.

Last year, I purchased a fair amount of accessories in white for the front hall area. Lisa Robertson's white sequined set/3 trees, long real birch branches that I put in a glass floor vase that looks like a log, some flat sided pine trees which are covered in birch bark, snowy owls, some white animals from Big Lots, etc. This year I am going to use Valeries "as is" white magnolia garland on the hall table, and intersperse 3 of the cream Luminara frosted texture candles on clear pillar holders, and some other items that I haven't decided on yet. I am sure when I start to unpack my storage bins, I will find something that will work well. I ordered 2 of as is white magnolia garlands and 2 of the as is white magnolia wreaths to match. I will probably use the wreaths on mirrors above the garlands. I am tempted to order the antiqued silver sleigh, because I like it, but hope that I can resist.  

I think that white holiday decor is beautiful and refreshing. It really appeals to me at the moment.

Which as is garlands did you order, Lucy? How do you store your garlands? I noticed that  The Seasonal Home blog lady hangs hers up and covers them with clear plastic. I know you received the Valerie closeout fern garlands and like them. I am still thinking about them, since they are such a nice buy, but don't know where I would use them. The only place I can think of to use them are above my kitchen cabinets where I have shelves with lighting and home decor items. But my cabinets are a medium brown wood, and many times, Valeries garlands are shown against white furniture or cabinet tops, and they really show up and look nice. It makes a huge difference when you put them on brown wood furniture. It just doesn't look as nice to me.

I don't think alot of people realize that all of the winterwonderland white items that Jill is going to show tonight look wonderful on the set, because the set is all white. How many people have an all white or all cream room? Not too many, and when we get the winterwonderland items home, it doesn't look the same, and we are disappointed. That oocurred to me when I was looking at Jill's videos. They are all white settings that they are showing these things in. Just my opinion. I do hope that everyone loves what they order.  

@rosehill@,  Rose, I got two of H201080 and they are really pretty.  I've had the set of six hanging ornaments for several years that match these.  They are 'last clicks' @$28.35.  I also got 'as is' LR's garland, H205206, @$9+, cool hue but not too bluish to use in a sleigh, and 'as is' H207684, Valerie lit ornament string for $13+.  This one has very large clear lit ornaments, love it.  Check them out, maybe you can use some of them.

@I don't want to get carried away tonight and buy more than I need or can use.  Also, we still have to eat.  LOL  I'm sure it will be tempting especially with the white items, wreaths and garlands.  As @Susan Louise always says, "have mercy".  Hope I can practice some restraint on ordering.

Rose, I usually wrap my garlands and store in a plastic tote or hang over a rod in the storage closet.  Wherever I can find a safe place.