Trusted Contributor

Re: Jill's Facebook posting......

@rosehill wrote:

@PeterDM, that is one beautiful sleigh. I seem to remember you talking about it. Wasn't inexpensive, was it? The one Littlearl posted a photo of looks smaller. I hope Jill's sleigh isn't puny. I don't like puny decor, LOL!

I am interested in both sleighs, the metallic finish one and the elusive white porcelain one. (and reindeer!!)

@rosehill  I think I paid around $100 for it.  It's much larger than the ones offered on QVC.  At least twice, maybe 3 times the size.

Honored Contributor

Don't stop posting, @LIL EARL

Look what you did!  You started a thread that a lot of people have interest in as well as good memories of these items!  Not to mention excitement over something new!  Thank you.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Lucy, ya know I wondering myself if both sleighs will now be in this dhow Friday?  I wasn't expecting this new one , like it though , but still do wa pnt the white one , it's so elegant looking.  Just hope it wasn't changed to this silver/gold one instead.  Dying to see  pic of the reindeer aren't you?  I too just want to get all my decor items so I can get to the decorating.  Cat Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I'm getting nervous that the white sleigh isn't going to show up on Friday.  Two sleighs in one show?  Remember when Jill was questioned why the White Sleigh wasn't in the CIJ shows, she said (on Facebook) that there was some issue with the shipment coming through, or something like that?  I hope that shipping issue was resolved.  Has anyone asked her on Facebook?  If I go anywhere near her page again, a major firewall will probably pop up and my iPad will explode.

Honored Contributor

@littlearl wrote:

Is this not the sleigh that LR had last year?  Jill says it will be in her show Friday night.  Comes in Silver or Gold.  Sorry for the confusion,  this sleigh is not the same as what LR offered last year.  I just got my sleigh out of storage and I was wrong for posting and thinking it was the same.  Will leave posting to others.

@LIL EARL  Hey, it doesn't matter.  I remember the one last year had  writing on it but I don't have it.  I'm wanting the white porcelain one that was shown in Jill's promos.  I might be tempted by this one but it looks small in the pictures.  Keep posting, we all do that too.  Besides, you didn't say it was the same, you asked a question. We're decor buddies here.

Honored Contributor

I missed last year's sleigh, and was totally bummed about it until I found (at Hobby Lobby and a small gift shop in Ohio's Amish country) two that I liked so much better. Then I was glad I hadn't invested in the LR one.

This new one posted is somewhat along the lines of one of the ones I found last year, and it is really pretty. I do wonder about the size, as it looks a little small in the pics.

I'm telling myself I'm not interested at all in the elusive white porcelain one, but we'll see if I can hold out if and when it is ever presented!

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I missed last year's sleigh, and was totally bummed about it until I found (at Hobby Lobby and a small gift shop in Ohio's Amish country) two that I liked so much better. Then I was glad I hadn't invested in the LR one.

This new one posted is somewhat along the lines of one of the ones I found last year, and it is really pretty. I do wonder about the size, as it looks a little small in the pics.

I'm telling myself I'm not interested at all in the elusive white porcelain one, but we'll see if I can hold out if and when it is ever presented!

Good morning, mio. (hope you saw my post on the buckeye thread!!) I think I have told you that I live in North Canton. Do you remember which shop it was that you found sleighs like this last year in Amish Country? I might be going there this weekend. We usually stop at all of them. Even if you cannot remember the name, maybe you remember where it is, or what store it is next to. Or, maybe describe the outside of the store. I know most of them, but sometimes don't remember the names of the stores. LOL!

Honored Contributor

@rosehill wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Good morning, mio. (hope you saw my post on the buckeye thread!!) I think I have told you that I live in North Canton. Do you remember which shop it was that you found sleighs like this last year in Amish Country? I might be going there this weekend. We usually stop at all of them. Even if you cannot remember the name, maybe you remember where it is, or what store it is next to. Or, maybe describe the outside of the store. I know most of them, but sometimes don't remember the names of the stores. LOL!

@rosehill

The sleigh I found last year was at Swiss Country Lawn and Crafts. It is located on route 39 just across from Pro Via doors, in Sugarcreek.

They seemed to only have a couple, and oftentimes, they don't get the same merchandise every year. It certainly wouldn't hurt to stop in or call and see if they are getting them. I was there this past weekend, and they are starting Christmas merchandising, but should have more coming. 

I have that sleigh packed away, and if I remember correctly, it was whitish, with kind of a chalk like finish, and some silver color trim. They had an Old World Santa displayed with it in the same finish, and I purchased that as well.

I'm hoping when I get my stuff out this year, to have my son take some pics so I can post them here, as he has a good new phone, and my camera is old and doesn't capture things as well as these new phones do.

If you've never been to this place before, they have lots of the poly lawn furniture and gazebos outside, and one would never know that the small house converted to a gift shop would hold such treasures. We go there about 8 times a year or so, and find some great stuff. Problem is that while some things they seem to carry forever, others, are a 'one and done' kind of offering. They also have lots of Luminara candles, ones I've never seen on Q. My latest love from there are some lanterns I picked up, that look like lamp posts, but on a short pedestal, and not tall like a real lamp post. They are black (but come in red as well) and distressed. I got the small rustic Luminara votives to go in them in the brown color, and they are so great for any time of year, but really well suited for winter/Christmas decorating. I have them out now with fall candle rings in them, and planning to just change out the rings for the winter season to greens and pinecones.

Hope if you get there, they have a nice stock of seasonal stuff.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

https://www.facebook.com/JillBauerQVC

Another new item for Jill's show Friday.

@PeterDM@Kitty Galore@SHOPR @mousiegirl @MTH I just saw on FB that the white sleigh and reindeer will be in Jill's show Friday and she can't wait to present them.  Yay!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo Thanks so much for the info! Can't wait!