Esteemed Contributor

Re: JULY 1 CHRISTMAS PURCHASES HAVE SHIPPED/POST FEEDBACK HERE

[ Edited ]

Free Shipping Day Purchases--Not Christmas but they are home decor:

H213936
Bethlehem Lights Set of 2 5" Moving Flame Touch Candles

in Grey.  Very pretty design and texture in my opinion, and all of the functions are working, which is really cool.  The color is not exactly right for pairing with my weathered galvanized lanterns as I had hoped.  They look a bit too slate blue to my eye.  Still undecided on whether or not to keep or exchange for another color. 

H212413
Luminara 19" Heritage 2.0 Lantern

in Bronze.  A very pretty, well-constructed lantern, especially with the bronze finish, which is my favorite of all the Luminara lantern colors. 

Respected Contributor

I received the little set of illuminated snowmen H215173 and they are just as cute as the picture. Besides a load of candles and some as is items (and, of course the Luminara min lanterns) that's all I've received so far.

Still testing the tealights. I bought 12 of the mini lanterns all together. None of the tealights from the first set lasted more than 5 days when set on the timer. Just for fun I turned one of them to steady on and left it on - it burned for 6 days straight - more than 120 hrs. I wonder if that is how they test them.

Right now I have all six from my second set that have been working on the timer for 6 days. I also have two from the first set in which I put new batteries and those have been going for 6 days. Stay tuned.

Regular Contributor

Received my Sparkling Diamond Ice Trees by Valerie in Champagne (H215306) today. I absolutely love them! They are even more beautiful in person than on TV. I was fully prepared to have to vacuum up a bunch of sparkles from adjusting the branches; surprisingly, barely any fell off. A few strays came off and that's about it. Love my purchase!20180719_120738.jpg

Super Contributor

IMG_20180719_133400.jpg

Super Contributor

My photo is the Harry Slatkin/Homeworx poinsettia candle pedestal. Sorry it is so big lol...new at this. It was just a quick set up to show it off. The candle is from last year that I didn't get a chance to burn. Just opening the lid and the room filled it and even more when the candle was lit. Can't wait to see what the 4 wicks do come Sept. Smiley Happy This thing is more gorgeous in person than this picture shows. I am not a great photographer. Happy with my purchase!!

Super Contributor

@michigangirl723

I got those trees in silver and they are gorgeous. I purchased the ones last year and was less than thrilled with them........this years verseion is much nicer. 

I also purchased the set of 3 silver ribbed hurricanes and they are so pretty together.

I'm not buying much this year only the very, very few things that speak to me. Now I just need to stop listening lol Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Coopsmommy

So glad you like yours as well and that I picked the right year to buy them!

Lol...same. Really don't need much this year, but seeing items like this make me realize I do "need" thingsSmiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

I received my 2 CIJ purchases on Thursday and Friday.

1.  I ordered the Lenox Set of 3 Merry and Bright Ornaments.  They are truly beautiful, but the color on them is not as deep as I was hoping for.  The backing on these is like a gel/plastic, which I assume gives them that shimmer and glow when the light shines through them.  However, the color on the sleigh is such a light red that it almost looks orange to me when I shine a light through it.  They are very pretty, large, and well made, so I know I will love them once they are on the tree.  If anyone wants to give them as gifts, you won't be disappointed in the packaging either.  They ALL come together in one beautiful large Lenox Box (wish I knew how to post pics on here).  If you want to give them individually, you can open the large box, and 3  individual boxes come out.  Lovely gift presentation!

2.  My second purchase was the Luminara Heritage 25 inch Lantern in Bronze.  I know many of you already have one of these, but it's a CIJ purchase for me since they offered a CIJ price!  I have been eyeing this for about a year or so now, so I grabbed it with the easy pay and money off.  It's beautiful!  Some people complained about damage in shipping - Mine came in perfect condition.  I have it lit behind me right now in my living room.  I have decided to use the remote only so that I don't waste the batteries using the timer mode.  On and off as I please works for me! Smiley Happy

I was so excited about the lantern that I went to Hobby Lobby to buy some fall items to decorate the lantern with before I even got it. However, some of the things I bought are too large, so I will go back today and downsize a bit.  Less is more with this lantern...

I recommend opening the Luminara packaging outdoors because there were bits of styrofoam coming out everywhere.  It's very well packaged, so I  appreciate that.

Enjoy your CIJ purchases!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LIG1 wrote:

@mousiegirl--- I love reading about what everyone is purchasing even if I'm not seeing anything that I just have to have right now. I wanted to tell @froggy though, how much I love and adore her precious little Connemara Marble nativity set! Someday I'm going to talk myself into ordering that one, too!

@I also wanted to mention that I noticed @Susan Louise hasn't posted since February (I believe).  I hope she is ok and I just wanted to say that I missed her here.HeartSmiley Sad 

I hope everyone enjoy's their Christmas in July finds!HeartSmiley Happy

@LIG1 Bless you and others who had been wondering about me. I hope you had a wonderful Spring and enjoying your Summer!

I have been fine, just very busy. One of the major projects we had this past early Spring was having our kitchen door widened (from 31" to 34") so we could fit our reupolstered couch back in the house...LOL...no joke. Then that lead to 2 other projects...painting 1/2 of the garage and all of the kitchen walls when it was done. Oh, what a project.

So, with that on top of our already normal busy Spring schedule, it didn't lead to any spare time to post and being behind the eight ball for most part ever since.

Just 2 days ago we had our last 2 sides of our house re-sided (say that 3 times fast...LOL) which I will be painting late October when it's cooler and Hummingbird migration is over. I'll be glad when that is done. had been painting the exterior of the house...2 sides each year after new siding was put on.

Over the past couple of weeks I had peeked at what Valerie had on FB, but nothing really new and just grateful. I really have maxed out on decor...especially over the last few years. Last year I had quite the haul.

I have seen nothing yet this year from Valerie or other lines like Luminara, Harry Slatkin, or even Jim Shore that interests me. I did get a few woodland pieces of JS last year I do love. 

I wish everyone joy on their hunt for the decor that makes them happy and will be one of those most likely on the sidelines watching everyone else's joy from their new treasures. Happy hunting/shopping everyone!

Respected Contributor

Yay! I finally received something besides candles.

Today I received the Cardinal garlands and wreath and the Mr and Mrs bedtime Santas.

I am more than pleased with all of them. The garlands and wreath are very full with lots of berries. They are, however, frosted with snow that falls off a little. I'll have to shake them well before putting them out. The bedtime Santas are too cute in their pajamas and fuzzy slippers. They stand up easily on their own and the arms can be just slightly adjusted.