Re: JIM SHORE VISITS QVC SEPT 24 6AM ET

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
@ChiliPepper
I have and love that cat!!

@crazycockermom 

Oh, you have that one? Nice!!!

Are the doggies all jealous LOL?!!!

How is the gang BTW? I haven't seen any pictures lately.

The dogs aren’t jealous, just curious.  Lol.  Here are some pics of when I first got and unpacked the cat last year.  And here’s one recent group pic.  Buddy has since lost his eye to glaucoma but is doing great.  (Not sure I had mentioned that or not.)

Miss Gigi (will soon be 13)

ED6ACF2F-9FF3-45D3-9C40-5FB07386E486.jpeg

Buddy turned 12

61AA9075-6322-468F-A8EE-A183BAEFE5B7.jpeg

Ruger my “baby”

BD92DC0E-A39A-46F9-AE3D-46D62E539CB8.jpeg

Have these pics convinced you yet?  Whatever you do, don’t start buying Christmas items.  Save your credit card!!

159E9E04-0A46-4538-B362-D2BC91B0D944.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@Spurt
When I saw the price on the Q, I was miffed, but to make myself feel better I kept telling myself what you said. A lot of times with his pieces, you snooze you lose.

I like a lot of his nativities, are you the one that bought the one that had a lot of red in it?
Anyway, I looked at them forever, and then when I saw this one I knew it’d look fab in my sage green living room.

I have a few Rudolph pieces too. So cute.
Also liked the new train but didn’t want to go down that rabbit hole!!

@crazycockermom 

With Jim's pieces if its a special one it will wind up on the secondary market and those people are gonna charge you an exorbitant price....so in the long run, its worth it to buy it now, or pay even more later on.....

My thinking on that train too---Im running out of storage...and how many cars will that train end up with before he makes the caboose Smiley Wink 

Yep, I got the colorful nativity ....it will go well with my vintage one that has many of the same colors....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom 

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..............................

What a beautiful picture!!!

Poor Buddy, I just wanna hug him!!!

I think your crew grew - I don't remember the sweetie in the back next to Mac. 

I always want to hug Mac too, he looks so nervous!

Your home seems so full of love & joy!!!

Oh yay, there's a JS cat in there too - forgot about that LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom 

Your pups are so cute.....Heart Heart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt
Thanks!!
I love that colorful nativity you got. Such rich colors!

@ChiliPepper
Lexi is the dog next to Mac. How did you remember his name?? They are the original two dogs. I don’t post pics of them much because whenever I try to take one, they look like they are in trouble. All the cockers came later.
I hope you treat yourself to the cat!!
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom 

My bad, I don't remember seeing Lexi. For some reason I thought Buddy & Mac (DH's pup I believe) were the originals & then came Ruger.

Wow! your pictures definitely put into perspective how big the cat is! What size is the cat - Cocker Spaniel size LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
@ChiliPepper
I have and love that cat!!

@crazycockermom 

Oh, you have that one? Nice!!!

Are the doggies all jealous LOL?!!!

How is the gang BTW? I haven't seen any pictures lately.

The dogs aren’t jealous, just curious.  Lol.  Here are some pics of when I first got and unpacked the cat last year.  And here’s one recent group pic.  Buddy has since lost his eye to glaucoma but is doing great.  (Not sure I had mentioned that or not.)

Miss Gigi (will soon be 13)

ED6ACF2F-9FF3-45D3-9C40-5FB07386E486.jpeg

Buddy turned 12

61AA9075-6322-468F-A8EE-A183BAEFE5B7.jpeg

Ruger my “baby”

BD92DC0E-A39A-46F9-AE3D-46D62E539CB8.jpeg

Have these pics convinced you yet?  Whatever you do, don’t start buying Christmas items.  Save your credit card!!

159E9E04-0A46-4538-B362-D2BC91B0D944.jpeg

@crazycockermom   Wonderful!  I am surprised you have any money left to buy decor, LOL, I know it costs an arm and a leg to keep them groomed, not to mention Vet visits, food, and goodlies.

I am looking for flooring, please tell me what type of floor this is?

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
@Spurt
When I saw the price on the Q, I was miffed, but to make myself feel better I kept telling myself what you said. A lot of times with his pieces, you snooze you lose.

I like a lot of his nativities, are you the one that bought the one that had a lot of red in it?
Anyway, I looked at them forever, and then when I saw this one I knew it’d look fab in my sage green living room.

@crazycockermom 

With Jim's pieces if its a special one it will wind up on the secondary market and those people are gonna charge you an exorbitant price....so in the long run, its worth it to buy it now, or pay even more later on.....

My thinking on that train too---Im running out of storage...and how many cars will that train end up with before he makes the caboose Smiley Wink 

Yep, I got the colorful nativity ....it will go well with my vintage one that has many of the same colors....

@Spurt   @crazycockermom  There are deals to be had on ebay of Jim's items.  I always search for and find the best deal, never pay more than I think it's worth, no tax or shipping.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
@Spurt

@crazycockermom 

@Spurt   @crazycockermom  There are deals to be had on ebay of Jim's items.  I always search for and find the best deal, never pay more than I think it's worth, no tax or shipping.

@mousiegirl 

Your right, Ive gotten some good deals on Jim Shore pieces on Ebay....But sometimes if the dealers know there's a hot market for a particular piece or its a retired piece then some of them take advantage of it.....I remember one item, it was a retired summer angel that went with a seasonal musical angel auto delivery series set...My cat jumped on an endtable and broke off the Summer angel's wings, and damaged the back of it, it  couldnt be repaired ...I found the angel on Ebay but the price was outrageous.....What I paid for the whole series is what they wanted for one angel...!!!!  So I dont use it as a seasonal set and just use each angel as a single figurine and put just that one angel out for the appropriate season instead of as a series representing all 4 seasons......There was another hard to find piece that I passed on too.....

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl
So after all my CIJ purchases/splurges, I was just hit with two large vet bills. And it’s about time to get the four cockers groomed again. My credit card is on fire...😕

The floor is just (ceramic?) tile. It was in the house when we bought it. So many houses in Florida are tile in the main living areas.