Honored Contributor

Re: JIM SHORE VISITS QVC SEPT 24 6AM ET

Wow, did you see that Nativity?  It sure was a beaut.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama
Yes I did see it. I’ve seen it in person too. 😉
Super Contributor

Loved the train engine and car, but I don't think I have room for storage and definitely cannot afford both.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom 

I only bought the cute Christmas Fox......I had bought some things from his other shows....

Some things were very tempting....I loved the Santa train and car..It sold out in Carolyn's Show where Jim made a brief appearance with just the train.....

@Bird mama 

That nativity was beautiful.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt   Jim's items are on zulily today.  I bought a Woodland Reindeer to go with the sleigh I bought here, and a few other items.

@mousiegirl 

I'll have to check Zulily out.....

I bought the kitty in the Halloween Pumpkin the other day....she's so cute! 

I had to get my Woodland Reindeer from Ebay.....his website was out of it too when I got the sleigh from QVC.....

@Spurt   If I didn't already have so many black cats, not Jim's except the the cat in the witch hat, I would have bought this, probably. 

I bought one stance at zulily today for $45+,  $7.00 less than the other stance which I also bought today, but on ebay for $52.80, best price I saw as some were so high.  I didn't buy them originally, thought I would just use the sleigh, but when I saw it at zulily for a great price, jumped on it, last one, lol.

@mousiegirl 

That was a GREAT BUY getting the last one WTG!!! Woman Very Happy...The deer were very popular..and those Ebay folks knew it too....a bit pricey....

And I was going to use the sleigh just as a centerpiece on my dinning room table with some greenry and candles.....but then I checked Ebay and found a deer...Santa is going to have to go with just one though---too pricey to get the whole herd....Woman LOL  So last year I put the sleigh and reindeer in a prominent place on top of a small bookcase in my living room.....with some pine trees and fake snow...it looked so nice and was a different change from red/green I usually use....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt   Jim's items are on zulily today.  I bought a Woodland Reindeer to go with the sleigh I bought here, and a few other items.

@mousiegirl 

I'll have to check Zulily out.....

I bought the kitty in the Halloween Pumpkin the other day....she's so cute! 

I had to get my Woodland Reindeer from Ebay.....his website was out of it too when I got the sleigh from QVC.....

@Spurt   If I didn't already have so many black cats, not Jim's except the the cat in the witch hat, I would have bought this, probably. 

I bought one stance at zulily today for $45+,  $7.00 less than the other stance which I also bought today, but on ebay for $52.80, best price I saw as some were so high.  I didn't buy them originally, thought I would just use the sleigh, but when I saw it at zulily for a great price, jumped on it, last one, lol.

@mousiegirl 

That was a GREAT BUY getting the last one WTG!!! Woman Very Happy...The deer were very popular..and those Ebay folks knew it too....a bit pricey....

And I was going to use the sleigh just as a centerpiece on my dinning room table with some greenry and candles.....but then I checked Ebay and found a deer...Santa is going to have to go with just one though---too pricey to get the whole herd....Woman LOL  So last year I put the sleigh and reindeer in a prominent place on top of a small bookcase in my living room.....with some pine trees and fake snow...it looked so nice and was a different change from red/green I usually use....

@Spurt   Sounds very nice.  I think there were only two poses in the Woodland white/blue made, though I did see other reindeer that were brown, and years ago, he made, I think, all of the named reindeer except Rudolph.  I bought some of those on ebay, but quite a few arrived with broken antlers, so think I may have four or so, can't remember, those to go with a Jim Shore sleigh and Santa I bought many moons ago.

@mousiegirl 

I was thinking of purchasing multiples of that SAME woodland deer....LOL

Honored Contributor

LOVE Jim Shore!!! I have my eye on this piece:

H217229

h217229.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Spurt
I love that fox! I was tempted to get it but didn’t know where I’d put it. And it’s so different from other items I have, that I was afraid it’d lead to starting yet another type of collection.

The sale prices and free shipping had me considering some other items I’ve had my eye on (the new Rudolph & Santa with his nice list, the Holy Family, a couple snowmen), but like you, I already bought several items from previous shows (black and gold pieces, coastal pieces and grinch items).

If that isn’t enough, I had already purchased that nativity scene from his website. That was a huge splurge and a decision that took me weeks to make. I have always been wanting a nice nativity and this spoke to me. But I felt a little sick when I pressed the buy button. So I’ll consider it a Christmas gift to myself that I’ll enjoy for many years. I was a bit irked that I paid full price for it though. Since it was limited edition, I certainly did not expect it to appear on QVC and I felt I better get it while I could. Not happy that I paid more than I could’ve. 😡
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChiliPepper wrote:

LOVE Jim Shore!!! I have my eye on this piece:

H217229

h217229.jpg

@ChiliPepper   I have it, it's wonderful!  FREE shipping today on any of Jim's items, I bought the engine and car in the annual train set.

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper
I have and love that cat!!