Honored Contributor

Re: JIM SHORE QVC APPEARANCES

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermomwrote:
I also heard he’s going to have this year’s Easter basket. So do you all think these birdhouses will fare ok outside in the elements? Or are they more for decoration?

@crazycockermom

I know it's a bird house & should be ok for outside but I wouldn't either. The sun is powerful & will fade almost anything.

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermomwrote:
I also heard he’s going to have this year’s Easter basket. So do you all think these birdhouses will fare ok outside in the elements? Or are they more for decoration?

@crazycockermom  If they are meant for outside, they should be okay, hopefully he will address such questions.  Would you plan to use it for birds or decoration?  I could see it on a covered porch, other than that, it is too pretty to put out in the elements.

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper and mousiegirl

I guess my intent is to hang it outside and hope the birds use it, but if not, it’ll just be decoration. Lol

I did take a closer look to where it’d be hanging and it is more covered than I thought. It’d hang from the eaves of my covered front porch.
Respected Contributor

Did anyone buy anything? I bought the cardinal and bluebird birdhouses. The annual Easter basket wasn’t calling to me this time but I do have my eye on the bonnet.
Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermomwrote:
@ChiliPepperand mousiegirl

I guess my intent is to hang it outside and hope the birds use it, but if not, it’ll just be decoration. Lol

I did take a closer look to where it’d be hanging and it is more covered than I thought. It’d hang from the eaves of my covered front porch.

@crazycockermomI have the JS River's End Keyhole birdhouse which is made of tin with a wood bottom.  I thought about decorating with it indoors but then decided I really wanted it out back to see if birds would nest in it.  Last year none did.  I've moved it to a different spot already this year (secured to a tree trunk) and I hope someone takes up residence. 

It clearly stated that it was suitable for outdoor use, but after one year outside, the wood bottom, which is actually MDF, is bulked up and probably won't last much longer before it separates and falls off.  The paint on the tin parts is peeling.  Yours will be made of resin which might be totally different, but I wanted to let you know my experience.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR
Thanks for sharing your experience. I just don’t have a good place to put them inside so will take my chances outside. At least they will be partially sheltered. And while I don’t have money to throw away, at least they aren’t that expensive if they don’t last forever. 😊
Honored Contributor

I did buy the basket for a birthday gift for someone that collects JS baskets.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Spurt
How nice of you!! I’m sure they’ll love it!