Honored Contributor

JIM SHORE QVC APPEARANCES

[ Edited ]

Jim Shore will be having a couple of appearances.....

He will be a guest on AT HOME WITH JILL 2/22/18 sometime between 7AM to 9AM EASTERN TIME!

Then he will be on QVC 2 6-7PM EASTERN TIME

He said he will be talking about the garden and bird houses. 

He will also be on QVC2 3/6 6PM Eastern and on QVC 3/7 at 2PM Eastern..............

Here's one of the bird houses:

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: JIM SHORE QVC APPEARANCES

Love Jim Shore. I have several pieces especially the cats.

Honored Contributor

@Spurtwrote:

Jim Shore will be having a couple of appearances.....

He will be a guest on AT HOME WITH JILL 2/22/18 sometime between 7AM to 9AM EASTERN TIME!

Then he will be on QVC 2 6-7PM EASTERN TIME

He said he will be talking about the garden and bird houses. 

He will also be on QVC2 3/6 6PM Eastern and on QVC 3/7 at 2PM Eastern..............

Here's one of the bird houses:

@Spurt  thanks for posting his schedule. Smiley Happy

I bought the frog and Cheshire cat for DD, as the birdhouses can also be used inside as decor.  I love the birdie. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl

The birdhouse is cute....and I'd use it indoors too.  It's neat that you are getting your DD interested in Jim Shore too

@OKPrincess

I collect Jim Shore too : I have a few of his cats, 
I also collect his angels, a couple of his birds and then have a few Easter and Christmas items too.............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I also heard he’s going to have this year’s Easter basket. So do you all think these birdhouses will fare ok outside in the elements? Or are they more for decoration?
Honored Contributor

@Spurt.  I know you and many others are big fans of Jim Shore's work.  Wouldn't you love to have an original, hand carved wood piece?  I wonder if such a thing even exists?  They must have something from which to make the molds for resin pieces.  I suppose he now has a "team" to do the carving (everyone seems to have a team).

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermomwrote:
I also heard he’s going to have this year’s Easter basket. So do you all think these birdhouses will fare ok outside in the elements? Or are they more for decoration?

@crazycockermom. I wouldn't put them outside; I think they're strictly decorative and the paint colors would fade.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermomwrote:

@crazycockermom

I think it depends on where you live and what the weather is like, and where you put it.

If you put it in a shady spot and take it in when it rains, snows, it gets real windy.....and the birds dont actually use it, you miht be all right to have it outside.  I have one o his garden pieces, its a large garden angel with cats around the base and I put it on the patio, it did well......but in the hot summer I was worried about it fading and brought it in.....I also brought it in if it rained, we rarely have snow here so that wasnt a problem. But now I display it strictly indoors............Jim may have added a protective coating to the birdhouses.  But you might want to ask him on his Facebook Page before he makes his Q appearance and he might bring that up.   .  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624

That would be neat to own an oriinal model.....I think he must turn those over to the artists that mass produce his pieces.  But he says he is very particular and wants them to be reproduced exactly as his original.........I bet the originals would merit a very pretty penny...............

Respected Contributor

@Spurt
Thanks. I’m in Florida so snow isn't an issue, but rain and the hot sun are. I would want to put it out, leave it out and not worry about it. I know I wouldn’t bring it in every time it rained. I’m also hoping the birds will use it. They are trying to make a nest in my new VPH wreath on the front door! Lol

Maybe I’ll message Jim.