Re: JIM SHORE MAKING APPEARANCE ON FALL SHOW

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl

BTW....remember I bought the new JS Woodland sled....but missed out on the reindeer....  Well Jim's appearance today reminded me that one of the reindeer came out on 8/1/18..... So I went to Jims website and the 8/1 stocking had sold out.....another order was coming 10/1....and another deer was coming out late 12/18....So then I checked E-Bay and sure enough a dealer that runs a Christmas shoppe had the deer, so I just got one deer.  It was the same price as on Jim's website with free shipping so that was a pretty good deal....But I think the sleigh will look okay with one deer in the spot I want to place it..........

Image result for jim shore woodland santa sled

Related image

@Spurt  Jim's deer are wonderful, so glad you were able to get one.  Love the sleigh, now that I see it again. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl

I just love animals so that sleigh is PERFECT for me....I love the Woodland series with their soft colors for a change of pace too......I have 2 Woodland angels with animals promiently displayed on my amoire....They are beautiful and such detail.....

@Spurt  I have an angel and either snowman or Santa from several years ago, and it is always the animals that get to me.

@mousiegirl

Some of his pieces have such artistry and beauty--such as my Patriotic angel (her dress and folds looks like fabric, and she has such a pretty face) I put her out on Memorial Day/the 4th of July.  She is so beautiful......BUT its the animals that always get to me too......

@Spurt  Within a few years of our marriage, DH walked through the house saying, "I guess this is going to be an animal house," he had no idea, LOL!  When I told him one evening that I would be bringing a puppy home soon, he said he was leaving, to which I replied, there are eight doors out, take your pick," lol, he finally gave up.

When I married him, I had a rabbit and a cat, within a few months, I brought home a kitten that someone was giving away, I frown on giving an animal away, but home I came with him.  Then I became a foster home when I vounteered for a nonprofit animal placement shelter, and on and on it went, lol.

@mousiegirl

That's so funny about you and your DH, so since he's still your DH, I guess he adapted to it all ---  Smiley Wink

I guess it's how we were raised that we acquired our love for animals (at least for me)....its funny how all of my  siblings and cousins ALL love animals.....growing up our homes looked like a pet store ---cats, dogs, birds, fish, turtles....my cousin added 2 rabbits to his collection  too.....

WOW--thats wonderful how you became a foster home!!! It shows what a heart and love you have for animals....Heart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl-

haha-loved your story and choice of the 8 doors!

Once my husband said to me that he thought I loved our granddog more than him.

Well, I cannot lie so I didn't say anything!

Maybe a little sad but trueSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl

BTW....remember I bought the new JS Woodland sled....but missed out on the reindeer....  Well Jim's appearance today reminded me that one of the reindeer came out on 8/1/18..... So I went to Jims website and the 8/1 stocking had sold out.....another order was coming 10/1....and another deer was coming out late 12/18....So then I checked E-Bay and sure enough a dealer that runs a Christmas shoppe had the deer, so I just got one deer.  It was the same price as on Jim's website with free shipping so that was a pretty good deal....But I think the sleigh will look okay with one deer in the spot I want to place it..........

Related image

@Spurt  Jim's deer are wonderful, so glad you were able to get one.  Love the sleigh, now that I see it again. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl

I just love animals so that sleigh is PERFECT for me....I love the Woodland series with their soft colors for a change of pace too......I have 2 Woodland angels with animals promiently displayed on my amoire....They are beautiful and such detail.....

@Spurt  I have an angel and either snowman or Santa from several years ago, and it is always the animals that get to me.

@mousiegirl

Some of his pieces have such artistry and beauty--such as my Patriotic angel (her dress and folds looks like fabric, and she has such a pretty face) I put her out on Memorial Day/the 4th of July.  She is so beautiful......BUT its the animals that always get to me too......

@Spurt  Within a few years of our marriage, DH walked through the house saying, "I guess this is going to be an animal house," he had no idea, LOL!  When I told him one evening that I would be bringing a puppy home soon, he said he was leaving, to which I replied, there are eight doors out, take your pick," lol, he finally gave up.

When I married him, I had a rabbit and a cat, within a few months, I brought home a kitten that someone was giving away, I frown on giving an animal away, but home I came with him.  Then I became a foster home when I vounteered for a nonprofit animal placement shelter, and on and on it went, lol.

@mousiegirl

That's so funny about you and your DH, so since he's still your DH, I guess he adapted to it all ---  Smiley Wink

I guess it's how we were raised that we acquired our love for animals (at least for me)....its funny how all of my  siblings and cousins ALL love animals.....growing up our homes looked like a pet store ---cats, dogs, birds, fish, turtles....my cousin added 2 rabbits to his collection  too.....

WOW--thats wonderful how you became a foster home!!! It shows what a heart and love you have for animals....Heart

@Spurt  I have always said that I came into the world loving animals, and I didn't learn until my Mother passed and an old friend of hers told me that at a very young age I had stated that when I grew up, I wanted to help animals. Smiley Happy

My turtles kept escaping, once found one in my closet, lol.  although I have always had cats, dogs, and rabbits, and at one time or another had a bird, hamsters, and one horse, until now, my primary love is cats, and so miss having them.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl

Related image

@mousiegirl

@mousiegirl

@mousiegirl

@Spurt  I have always said that I came into the world loving animals, and I didn't learn until my Mother passed and an old friend of hers told me that at a very young age I had stated that when I grew up, I wanted to help animals. Smiley Happy

My turtles kept escaping, once found one in my closet, lol.  although I have always had cats, dogs, and rabbits, and at one time or another had a bird, hamsters, and one horse, until now, my primary love is cats, and so miss having them.

@mousiegirl

LOL at your escaping turtles....and oh yes I forgot about our hamsters and the mice we had those too....(my cats never really bothered them)...WOW-you had a horse!!!

It;s so wonderful how you fulfilled your beautiful dream about helping animals......

Woman Very Happy

Yep, cats seem to be my favorite too...... Cat Very Happy  Glad I have my 2 kitties....they keep me on my toes for sure Cat Wink  And I help out a couple feral cats too...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl

Related image

@mousiegirl

@mousiegirl

@mousiegirl

@mousiegirl

LOL at your escaping turtles....and oh yes I forgot about our hamsters and the mice we had those too....(my cats never really bothered them)...WOW-you had a horse!!!

It;s so wonderful how you fulfilled your beautiful dream about helping animals......

Woman Very Happy

Yep, cats seem to be my favorite too...... Cat Very Happy  Glad I have my 2 kitties....they keep me on my toes for sure Cat Wink  And I help out a couple feral cats too...

@Spurt  I once domesticated a feral cat, took me two years, but finally he came into the house to stay, and slept on the bed with many of the others.

I had to trap him because on his daily visit to my garden, I noticed he was holding an arm out so I knew he was injured.  It took me days to trap him, too smart for the humane trap, so eventually decided that when he came into the garage to eat, I would shut the door.  I did, and when he couldn't get out, he freaked but got onto the work bench and I then threw a towel over his head, and slipped him into the cat carrier which I had standing on end on the floor, and off to the Vet to get neutered, shots, and injury attended to.  The Vet used a loop over the cat's neck, and I swear I saw that cat's tonsils his mouth was open so wide as he was screaming.

I brought him home, and didn't see him for three days, then he returned, and that was the beginning of his turning around and trusting me more, O'l Gray Kitty, and the rest is history.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl

Related image

@mousiegirl

@mousiegirl

@mousiegirl

@mousiegirl

Woman Very Happy

@Spurt  I once domesticated a feral cat, took me two years, but finally he came into the house to stay, and slept on the bed with many of the others.

I had to trap him because on his daily visit to my garden, I noticed he was holding an arm out so I knew he was injured.  It took me days to trap him, too smart for the humane trap, so eventually decided that when he came into the garage to eat, I would shut the door.  I did, and when he couldn't get out, he freaked but got onto the work bench and I then threw a towel over his head, and slipped him into the cat carrier which I had standing on end on the floor, and off to the Vet to get neutered, shots, and injury attended to.  The Vet used a loop over the cat's neck, and I swear I saw that cat's tonsils his mouth was open so wide as he was screaming.

I brought him home, and didn't see him for three days, then he returned, and that was the beginning of his turning around and trusting me more, O'l Gray Kitty, and the rest is history.

@mousiegirl

Awwww--so glad you rescued and tamed O'l Gray Kitty and gave him a loving home...that must have been some experience both for you and the cat.....  

A couple of the ferals in my neighborhood are tame....one is from a trap/spay/neuter return program---she's friendly and will come in and get food/water and get out of the heat/cold, take a nap... (a neighbor and I get her shots/advantage treatment etc.) But she prefers to be mostly outdoors... 

There's another feral that's pretty friendly, but still skiddish...but the other 2 are pretty wild and me and a couple other neighbors give them food/water....None of the shelters or Feral Society would take them to spay/neuter them or try to find them tame them or find them homes.....

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl

Related image

@mousiegirl

@mousiegirl

@mousiegirl

@mousiegirl

Woman Very Happy

@mousiegirl

Awwww--so glad you rescued and tamed O'l Gray Kitty and gave him a loving home...that must have been some experience both for you and the cat.....  

A couple of the ferals in my neighborhood are tame....one is from a trap/spay/neuter return program---she's friendly and will come in and get food/water and get out of the heat/cold, take a nap... (a neighbor and I get her shots/advantage treatment etc.) But she prefers to be mostly outdoors... 

There's another feral that's pretty friendly, but still skiddish...but the other 2 are pretty wild and me and a couple other neighbors give them food/water....None of the shelters or Feral Society would take them to spay/neuter them or try to find them tame them or find them homes.....

@Spurt  How wonderful of you and your neighbors. Smiley Happy