Honored Contributor

Re: JIM SHORE FANS--QVC SHOW TUESDAY 2/21/17 6AM ET

I also couldn't resist the bunny basket.....I also got the green bird(that cutey will fit in a lots of places for spring/summer decorating!  I also got the Spring Angel with animals......

I loved the doors those were nice and very different and very detailed, loved how the door opened to reveal a different scene.....I liked the fact you could hang them on the wall.....So many wonderful things in the show....was also tempted to get the two bunnies---so cute!!! 

Enjoy your purchases everyone!!!  Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Thank you for the update.  Nice to see Jim edging closer to daylight hours - the sun rises tomorrow at 6:46 am.

@ValuSkr

I don't know if Jim prefers the early times because of his appearances where he signs things for collectors at shops that sell his merchandise,  and I know he does occasional big signings at Disney World too....   Or perhaps QVC gives him the lousy early morning hours....it was 5AM here in my Central Time Zone but it was worth setting my alarm to get up a little earlier than I normally do, and it was worth it, a fantastic show---so many wonderful new items......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@crazycockermom

I'll second what mousiegirl said....never recevied a bad Jim Shore piece. I find his art wonderful, imaginative and creative, and like mousiegirl said his items put a smile on your face..... Purchase what you like, QVC has a few exclusive pieces, and Jim sometimes shows QVC customers an item that won't be available in other stores or his website for another year .... He does have a large inventory on his website under shop......His Facebook Page is interesting to learn what he's working on.....

I collect his angels and cats.....I have a couple of autumn items, and some  Christmas/winter pieces.  I do have a few Easter items but not many--- 2 baskets (as Jim mentioned on the show he does one for QVC each year)  a bunny and an Easter angel holding a bunny....

ENJOY YOUR JIM SHORE PIECES!

Thanks for chiming in SPURT!   Hopefully I'll find some other pieces later that I can keep out all year, or at least more than just at holidays.  I'll check out his website and if I ever join Facebook I'll check his page out too.   Hope you enjoy your pieces as well.  Can't wait to see the basket in person!

Respected Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
@BabyYoda
I was looking forward to seeing what Valerie brought this time. I'm actually thankful nothing appeals to me so I can spend my money on a few of Jim Shore's items instead. Ordered the basket, the two bunnies, the chick in the egg, and the green bird. Woohoo!

@crazycockermom You chose some really pretty items. Great choices. Love the 2 sitting bunnies 🐰 🐰

Thanks!   Can't wait to get them!

Esteemed Contributor

I liked the door scenes, especially the potters shed.  I keep thinking how cute it would be tucked in somewhere unexpected.  Still resisting, though.

http://shop.jimshore.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/4/0/4057691_1-high-res.jpg

http://shop.jimshore.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/4/0/4057691-high-res.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

I liked the door scenes, especially the potters shed.  I keep thinking how cute it would be tucked in somewhere unexpected.  Still resisting, though.

http://shop.jimshore.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/4/0/4057691_1-high-res.jpg

http://shop.jimshore.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/4/0/4057691-high-res.jpg

@SHOPR

Hi SHOPR---I really liked the Potters Shed Door too...and am so tempted.....I was thinking of a place in my kitchen where I could hang it on the wall....I also liked the country door too......I resisted so far, but am weakening....Woman Wink

BTW went back to that Tuesday Morning Store (my sis was looking for a rug for her kitchen and near her front door....).....Almost all their Easter stuff was gone!!!!..Shelves were a bit bare......They had a couple of new Easter pieces a car that looked like an egg was one driven by a bunny, the other driven by a chick....I saw the brown rabbits on a stick but no white ones....I saw the balled toperaries.....but not the ones you liked..... I did see the resin garden statues....very nice.  They had a LOT of stuff for the garden and patio....wind chimes, and garden decor......

From there we went to Home Goods.....they had a lot of neat things for the kitchen (bought some cute Easter dish towels).....but was disappointed in their spring decor/Easter pieces.....but they always get new stuff so I'll be back......

Honored Contributor

I ordered the bunny basket though I wanted much more. I can't wait to get it. It's just adorable! I have some other baskets by Jim Shore but I think this one is the cutest. 

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR That potting shed door is adorable, but $50 all-in?  Crazy!  Are JS pieces ever available as-is?

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003, I don't think I have ever seen JS items as-is.  Ebay is sometimes a good place to get a figurine at a discount, but not always.  

@Spurt, I've been to TM three times now, and still none of the cute topiaries.  I was told by another employee that they still have Spring items in the back yet to be brought to the front.  I said how odd, since you're already putting Summer stuff everywhere.  I don't know if I'll go back again. I think I've already seen all there is to see. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Marsha2003, I don't think I have ever seen JS items as-is.  Ebay is sometimes a good place to get a figurine at a discount, but not always.  

@Spurt, I've been to TM three times now, and still none of the cute topiaries.  I was told by another employee that they still have Spring items in the back yet to be brought to the front.  I said how odd, since you're already putting Summer stuff everywhere.  I don't know if I'll go back again. I think I've already seen all there is to see. 

@SHOPR

It sounds likeTM is confused on what season to put out........all the stores are displaying their Easter/Spring stuff.....even HL put out more Easter/spring from when I was there the last time.....I'd just give up TM too if I were you