Honored Contributor

Re: JILL'S WEDNESDAY SHOW AUGUST 16

@BabyYoda wrote:

I held strong during the show and shut it off after the first hour and went out to do errands as there was nothing Jill showed that I had to have. I pulled out one of my fall bins and I have quite a lot of fall decor. I don't need anymore pumpkins and garlands or wreaths. I did get nice fall items at big lots last year with a store coupon. 

It is so so hot and humid outside and now I am enjoying sitting in the ac! I can't think of fall decorating yet. 

@BabyYoda  Oh, this is scary.  Neither of us ordered anything today.  I've been looking in storage too and unless I do my neighbors houses I have more than enough.  I'll end up not using everything so why buy more to store.  I'm trying to control the ordering so I look around locally too. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

Well, I've taken a peek at the products in Jill's upcoming show this morning...and I'm loving the Top Find in the gourd! Plus, for those of you who love pumpkins, this Top Find even comes in the pumpkin choice too! 

H212814 the 17" Lit Punched Metal Gourd and H212815 which is the matching 15.5" Lit Punched Metal Gourd. The only problem I'm having is deciding on a color, so I'll probably just wait till the presentatioin to pounce, right @mousiegirl? LOL

Happy shopping y'all!

17.5" Lit Punched Metal Gourd by Home Reflections - H21281415.5" Lit Punched Metal Gourd by Home Reflections - H212815

I REALLY like these too!!! Would have liked one of each in orange.

I held off. I have these from last year or year before but I think I like the new ones even better.

h204856.jpg

@ChiliPepper You have great taste, I have these too. lol.  I really like them.  Every year something new comes out that is similar to what I already have it seems.  I've been looking in storage and it makes it easier to pass on some of the new items.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

I held strong during the show and shut it off after the first hour and went out to do errands as there was nothing Jill showed that I had to have. I pulled out one of my fall bins and I have quite a lot of fall decor. I don't need anymore pumpkins and garlands or wreaths. I did get nice fall items at big lots last year with a store coupon. 

It is so so hot and humid outside and now I am enjoying sitting in the ac! I can't think of fall decorating yet. 

@BabyYoda  Oh, this is scary.  Neither of us ordered anything today.  I've been looking in storage too and unless I do my neighbors houses I have more than enough.  I'll end up not using everything so why buy more to store.  I'm trying to control the ordering so I look around locally too. Smiley Wink

@lucymo you must have a lot of fall decor like I do. It takes something special to place an order now. I guess you feel the same. I rarely buy from Jill's shows. Her taste is much different from mine but I liked a lot of the new fall items today (some are Valerie's items and some were designed by Jill with Valerie's vendors) but did not buy because I could open my own pumpkin store. I will be traveling to pick up an order near a Home Goods tomorrow and I plan on stopping in there so who knows what I might buy there!

Oh my acorns came. I haven't opened it yet because when I went to get the mail earlier and was walking back to my house I saw the QVC box was in my bushes. Here we go again and the different mail carriers know I have cameras! They don't care. I rewound the video and saw her throwing the box! 

Honored Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo you must have a lot of fall decor like I do. It takes something special to place an order now. I guess you feel the same. I rarely buy from Jill's shows. Her taste is much different from mine but I liked a lot of the new fall items today (some are Valerie's items and some were designed by Jill with Valerie's vendors) but did not buy because I could open my own pumpkin store. I will be traveling to pick up an order near a Home Goods tomorrow and I plan on stopping in there so who knows what I might buy there!

Oh my acorns came. I haven't opened it yet because when I went to get the mail earlier and was walking back to my house I saw the QVC box was in my bushes. Here we go again and the different mail carriers know I have cameras! They don't care. I rewound the video and saw her throwing the box! 

@BabyYoda  I dislike confrontation  but I'd go over the head of some local USPS people to a district or area PO person and show the video of her tossing the package into the bushes.  That's disgusting for her to do such a thing  and when that's what pays her salary.  We have a new mailperson, a man, and he knocks on the door and hands the package to us.  He's new in town so I guess where he worked before they stole packages or something and he doesn't take chances.  I'm sure he will change in time although our previous carrier was good too.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@BabyYoda  I dislike confrontation  but I'd go over the head of some local USPS people to a district or area PO person and show the video of her tossing the package into the bushes.  That's disgusting for her to do such a thing  and when that's what pays her salary.  We have a new mailperson, a man, and he knocks on the door and hands the package to us.  He's new in town so I guess where he worked before they stole packages or something and he doesn't take chances.  I'm sure he will change in time although our previous carrier was good too.

@lucymo Thing is I have spoken to the Postmaster directly about packages not being delivered to my home and saying they were delivered. We have no regular mailperson. There is about 6 different mail carriers I have counted that deliver mail in my area. I never know what time they come but they usually deliver the mail around 6 pm sometimes as late as 8 pm. I have shown him videos of when they say packages were delivered and have shown him how they throw my packages. I put in a formal complaint and so far I have been getting my packages but seeing that my qvc package was thrown this evening really make me angry. I try to have packages delivered by UPS by paying more with Qvc. In this case UPS forwarded this into USPS because I did not pay extra this time. 

Honored Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo Thing is I have spoken to the Postmaster directly about packages not being delivered to my home and saying they were delivered. We have no regular mailperson. There is about 6 different mail carriers I have counted that deliver mail in my area. I never know what time they come but they usually deliver the mail around 6 pm sometimes as late as 8 pm. I have shown him videos of when they say packages were delivered and have shown him how they throw my packages. I put in a formal complaint and so far I have been getting my packages but seeing that my qvc package was thrown this evening really make me angry. I try to have packages delivered by UPS by paying more with Qvc. In this case UPS forwarded this into USPS because I did not pay extra this time. 

@BabyYoda  We go to church with our Postmaster but I think he would help anyone with a problem  concerning his mail carriers.  He is very concerned with how his people do their job.

I'm sorry that things like this happen to you.  Makes me mad too as we are in a shoppers sisterhood on this forum and it seems personal when they mess with any of our packages. 

I hope you love the Acorns.  I noticed that HL online has some thatt are very similar to Valerie's.  My DD is going to look at them tomorrow on her lunch hour as HL is in walking distance from her work.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BabyYoda wrote:

@BabyYoda

I can relate about the heat and humidity and staying inside with the A/C!!!  It's stopped my thoughts of fall decorating for now................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

I thought Jill's show was really nice yesterday. She had different things and not so much of a knock off of Valerie. I bought a few things but I have to be honest, I am getting tired of daily deliveries and dealing with all the packaging. My family is complaining  about us being the only ones with overflowing recycling bins on our street every week. They said it is embarrasing. Storage is getting to be another issue I am constantly dealing with. 

I think I need to join the crowd of being very particular about what I get.

Honored Contributor

@ChrissyKR wrote:

I thought Jill's show was really nice yesterday. She had different things and not so much of a knock off of Valerie. I bought a few things but I have to be honest, I am getting tired of daily deliveries and dealing with all the packaging. My family is complaining  about us being the only ones with overflowing recycling bins on our street every week. They said it is embarrasing. Storage is getting to be another issue I am constantly dealing with. 

@ChrissyKR  Every Sunday or Wednesday, trash night, DH has to cut down cardboard boxes, removing labels first, for recycling, due to my shopping.  I was saving a lot in case we ever move, but no more room for that.

Last year, I was tired of lugging packages upstairs, opening, testing, returning if defective, damaged items arriving so that I had to call the companies, took a lot of time and energy, not to mention money, so am trying to buy much less, I don't need more and can't store much more.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ChrissyKR wrote:

@ChrissyKR  Every Sunday or Wednesday, trash night, DH has to cut down cardboard boxes, removing labels first, for recycling, due to my shopping.  I was saving a lot in case we ever move, but no more room for that.

Last year, I was tired of lugging packages upstairs, opening, testing, returning if defective, damaged items arriving so that I had to call the companies, took a lot of time and energy, not to mention money, so am trying to buy much less, I don't need more and can't store much more.

@mousiegirl @ChrissyKR I break down the cardboard boxes myself and put them in our recycling large pail when I know I want to keep an item. Who cares what neighbors think of your garbage? We put it out late the night before and they come very early the next morning. We only have weekly trash and recycling now on the same day. There is a lot by the curb every week. I bought a lot of the Kano cloth material storage boxes and keep a lot of my year round holiday items in them. They hold a lot and I got rid of most of my cardboard boxes that held the item with styrofoam. I bought bubble wrap and tissue paper and this way everything is organized. I do agree we need to be smart about what we buy or we must give away or throw out items to make room for the new items. Storage is a problem for everyone. I have a dedicated room in the basement for my storage holiday items and if nothing fits then I don't buy anymore or get rid of some things.